Saturday, May 22, 1999

The Dating Game

okay...sometimes I Just don't understand men. at all. in the least. At the same time I might not be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe I am assuming too much about him..not giving him a chance. Who? oh. The dude.. named C. he likes me *gags* ahh.. and I think that is the problem. He is honestly interested in me... as relationship potential and I am just so noooot into the whole dating thing. I have never dated in my life..and don’t really want to. I have made friends.... and the friends developed into something more.... sometimes faster than our friendship developed.. .but always AFTER we ad the friend bond. He is tying to do it the other way around. Meet me.. once.. me like I like you and I wanna get with you.. urgh. I mean.. to me.... it is odd to meet a woman once and decide that you might be interested in a relationship with her. Doesn't it take longer than that??? Now I know that I’m charming & wonderful & sexy and all that good stuff but dammmmnnnn..

Hmm.......talking to good friends makes life so much clearer.....

Me: hey CAK.... your girlfriends.. were they your friends first? or did you do the whole 'dating' thing?
Him: dating? D was a friend first. mostly the others, were dating...
Him: you? what about yours?
Me: all friends...
Me: I don't get the whole dating thing.
Him: why not?
Me: *shakes head* not sure..
Him: well for myself I do
Him: cause it's like... how do you know from dating that someone will end up caring about you? which is why you're together in the first place I hope. with a friend, it's easier to tell
Me: I mean..dates area way to get the person better... at the same time indicating that you might be interested in a relationship right?
Him: yeah... it makes no sense though.. you're right... cause it's like.... the intent is to have a relationship... but that's not a good way to start a relationship
Me: until I KNOW you pretty damn well.... I don't want to be in a relationship with you.
Him: I hear you... unfortunately, I haven't always worked my relationships like that
Me: so I have to be your friend first... cuz if I wouldn't be your friend without the thought of a relationship.. I don't want to be with you anyway..
Him: makes sense. that's how I should work my relationships from now on. that's how I’m trying to really. be friends with folk... then maybe be with them
Me: so.... who wasn't your friend first? if you don't mind talking about it and that relationship... I’m trying to figure something out..
Him: what are you trying to figure out?
Me: if C. is trying to date me. cuz if he is I'mma have to be able to set him straight nicely and clearly and so I’m trying to work out my urrgginess about dating.
Me: did that make ANY sense?
Him: it makes sense. is he trying to 'date' you?
Me: not sure.
Me: I think so though.
Me: after we went out the first time. *rolls eyes* he was like I like you.. I said okay..... and he was like can we go out again.. *frowns* I don't know.. it’s a odd vibe I'm getting from him..and since I have never dated I’m trying to figure out if he is trying to date me.
Him: but weren't you so sure that he wanted to have sex with you though?
Me: *rolls eyes* I ended up asking him straight out.
Me: he said he wants to 'cuddle' *raised eyebrow* he said he wasn't interested in intercourse but.. *shrugs* I'll take his word for it now.
Him: OK... here's my rule of thumb... if someone says "can we go out again" or "can I see you again", they want to date you. especially since you just met him. he's not trying to be your friend. he's either trying to get to know you better by dating you or he's trying to lick you between your thighs. he said he wants to cuddle and wasn't interested in intercourse? he actually said that? interesting... he meant to say that he wasn't interested in intercourse, yet :)
Me: *laughs* yeah.. that is what I heard too...
Me: *sighs* dammit... I don't like being 'dated'
Him: OK. someone you barely know told you the he wants to cuddle? yeah right... yeah right.... put it like this.... you and I didn't want to cuddle after we'd known each other for a couple of years....
what's wrong with being 'dated'?
Me: he wanted to 'cuddle' the first freaking time we went out and I looked at him like he was out of his damn mind..
Me: *shakes head* why put that much energy into someone I don't even know if I like as a friend yet?
Him: yeah... why do you cuddle with someone you just met? as romantic as I am, I’ve never done that.... he wants more. he's probably playing that role
Me: ummhmm... I HATE role playing. & games *rolls eyes* dammit.
Him: well look out for it. why won't he just say that's what he wants? to me, cuddling is something reserved for folx I care about. I don't cuddle too much with those I don't.
Me: an that is the other thing about dating.. he might be a perfectly cool guy who would make a GREAT friend.. but since we are 'dating and if that chemistry ain't there we would never know that we missed out on a great friendship
Him: and that's a great point. tell him that.
Me: *nods* yeah me too... cuddling is ONE thing I tend to reserve for folx I love/ am in a relationship with..
Him: but you know that some guys don't look for friendship from women... only relationship/sex

*smiles* I love him so much.. cuz he makes such wonderful sense sometimes.... So I will see him tonight... see if he is trying to date me.. and if he is.. I will be able to set her straight... *sighs* If he is trying to date me...and isn't even interested in friendship.. I don't think we will be able to

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: