Wednesday, May 26, 1999

Black Butterfly.....

I have had these whisps of a romantic story floating thru my head for a few days now. All I know is it involves a man, a woman, hair and a tender kind of love. I have a fixation on hair, if you haven't noticed that yet. I LOVE my hair, even though we tend to have differences of opinions on some occasions about just HOW it should be handled... but it is mine. Beautiful, (mostly) natrual and all mine. Not that I won't get braids (extensions) put in at the drop of a hat, I'm not saying that at all.. I'm just saying that I respect my hair.. and it is an extension & expression of me. IT is thick and curly (like my body) yet wild and utterly unique (like my mind) annyhoow.. the story....the bits and pieces I have are more scenes than a story.. there is no plot, and really no storyline.. it is jus the musing of a man as he watches his woman move around the house, slipping into her natural self... converting from the outside woman to the home woman...and it peaks as she begans to take out her hair (the last piece of the transformation) He helps her with her hair..and they lay... connected somehow by the hair in all of its glory that she has.. *sighs* Then he helps her put it inot a home sytle... lovingly and gently...I don't know...maybe the story is more abouta shifting of attitudes from the daily stresses of work/lifeto the peace and tranquility that SHOULD be home. hmmm.... anyhow.... I can FEEL the story but can't quite seem to write it....maybe I will give it some time to grow.


I dreamed a ring yesterday. Or *thinks* I dreamed ABOUTa ring yesterday and now I am burning to find it. It was very simple, a gold ring witha smooth oval garnet in the middle of the narrow band.. The band flared just enough to go around the oval set stone (set the long way) and then narrowed back down. *sighs* I WANT that ring....now all I have to do is find it. For some reason I think that it might be a Tifffany's ring... but I'm not sure. *sighs* I need another job....or an inheritance..hmmm.... Tiffany's website doesn't have a e-catlouge... how... gauche. Ah well I will have to try to hunt down MY catalouge I already have at home. I really Really Really need to wash clothes before I go to DC. *sighs* I think I'm going because I don't think that Nee would be planning on moving down here THIS weekend and not have told me yet. That would be rude far beyond anything she has ever done... not to say that she is often rude but... *sighss* oh never mind.

I need to keep a list of folx whose diaries I want to read daily.. I always feel like I'm leaving someone out as I make my rounds... perhaps I will get up the nerve to start leaving regular notes....just so that they KNOW someone is looking....but I wonder if they care? I think that we all neeed a little encouragement at times...it helps you....

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: