Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mother Natures Parting Pinch....

<----------Google Inspired Funny, thataway....

So... the Freeze of '07 is hopefully totally over.

Suprisingly (or, maybe not) enough, the freeze didn't bother the seeds at ALL - I've got stuff sprouting EVERYWHERE - it seems like the cool weather (lettuce, brocolli, brussels) are coming up the fastest, which makes sense. Some of the sunflowers have sprouted, and the Alyssum has sprouted....a lot of stuff has sprouted. The germination rate is higher than I expected, as these were dollar store/walgreens/big lots seeds that I've been collecting over the last *thinks* 3 years now.

The main thing impacted - my poor strawberries. I swear, ONE of these years they are going to be able to start the season off right. And danggone it, I forgot to screen them this morning.

The berries BEFORE the freeze. Here - they are still in the old bed, before I moved them.

 

The berries AFTER the freeze - and this was WITH the McGuyver'd greenhoues. And yeah, that's the saddest looking one - poor thing.

Pitiful, ain't it? They are some hardy creatures though (considering they came back at ALL this year) and they are actually looking better than that already - and I think I took that picture on Monday or Tuesday - they are greening up some.

 


 

Lets see, what else exciting & new is going on in my life? I met with a new potential doula client Tuesday, but I don't think she is going to hire me, because I was a little - vocal - about my total and UTTER disdain/hate/horror around Babywise - which she was ALREADY READING. Gah. I sent her a list of alternate books, but I think I might have turned her off. We'll see.

Around the house, C is still painting the kitchen, and this weekend, we plan on hanging the kitchen fan - it's the cheapest, and the room we mind the LEAST if we screw up in. *lol* - Lisa - I might be giving ya'll a ring for some tips and hints!

Work is still sucking my ass, and that's all I have to say about that.

I'm going camping next weekend!! Woot for time in the forest with a buncha semi-insane pagan women! I truly cannot WAIT for this - I'mma have so much fun, it'll be INSANE. I need to go fabric shopping this weekend (hrm, I could do that tonight) to make a robe for myself, so I can sew it over the week.

Hrm. Only 1/2 hour left at work.... I should go and do some, I suppose.

No comments: