Friday, April 28, 2000

HeartBreak...completed

I was hoping that he would have something to say. Anything. I have never been one to castaway true friendships, even under circumstances that most folx would consider pure folly. Yet here I was, casting off one of the few friendships I had built since graduating from high school, and I hoped that he would have something to say. Some words of defense or excuse, ANYTHING that would give me a feeble thread to pull on. I wanted him to even claim that I had misunderstood what he had implied through his words & his actions over the past five years, that he had never intended to give me the wrong impression. I wanted him to tell me that I was wrong in thinking that he would stand by me & with me in all things. But he said nothing, and that in itself says so much. So, I guess my understanding was correct. Which means that he consiously & knowingly created a trust of words and actions that, at the point which that trust was being tested by something more major than picking me up some chips from the store...when it was tested by something important and vital... the trust broke & crumbled like it was never there. Talk about a fair weather friend. I always give folx a second chance, but maybe I should stop. Especially when then first chance gets shattered so rudely.
It's not as if I am any more hurt, because in my heart of hearts, I really didn't expect a miracle of maturity to occur. Hope, however, springs enternal.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: