Monday, August 28, 2000

The Mind Killer

Hmm… personally I think that the fact that they only asked us to talk about one fear is distinctly unfair. I am going to list my top three.

I would eliminate the fear of being hurt. The fear of being let down once AGAIN by someone I love.

I would eliminate the fear of not fitting in. The fear that everyone is staring at that weird chick in the corner.

I would eliminate the fear of failing. The fear of being that weird worthless chick in the corner.

What could I then do without these fears? I honestly don’t know. I might be able to live life a little more freely, more boldly, how I want to. I might not have to hunt for outside things, like the perfect outfit, and the flyest makeup, and the best hairdo, to cover up the intense insecurities I have about being that weird chick. I would feel better about me… I would be able to just be ME. I would be able to love freely, like I have never been hurt and will never get hurt. I would have a lot more hope in me about life in general.

But then…without fear, life would get pretty dull wouldn’t it?

There is a mantra/chant that always stuck with me from Dune…the book that was for a long time my bible, and that I have picked up several habits from. It has been QUITE a while since I read it (mainly because my book fell apart and I never bought another one) but it goes something like this:

Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death. I will face my fear, and when I turn to see it’s path in my mind eye, only I will remain.

I’m going to find the actual quote and see JUST how off I am.

It’s amazing how short my theme entries always are.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: