Saturday, August 12, 2000

Moving on...

*smiles* all is well, and I am mostly at peace. I’m moving on Monday, flying out of town on Tuesday, and I got my hair done. Mind you, that friend that was supposed to help me out, didn’t, but really…I’m not in the least surprised. In fact….I would have been more surprised if he had actually kept his word. Umph. Is that one of those self-fulfilling prophecy kinda of things? Because I tend to expect men to disappoint me, they do? Or is it because I somehow seek out men who are inherently unreliable? Or is it just that most men are shady, and I haven’t met enough men to have increased my statistical pool to the point where I have a chance of finding one of those rare reliable souls? *sighs* I don’t know, but I am really not stressing it.

Anyhow…all I have to do now is clean up the kitchen, finish packing my clothes, and wait for the moving guys to come. I’m not nervous… I’m not excited, yet. I am one of those people who doesn’t get excited or stressed until the last possible moment. I will most likely get excited and nervous when I am actually about to get on the airplane. And once I get there…well. We shall see when I get there.

Anything else going on in my life? Nah…nothing else new. I’m still lonely, still sleeping way too much, still reading those damn romance novels (though the last few have been written so badly I couldn’t even get through them) , still watching TV and marveling at the commercials. I have been trying to watch music videos, but it seems like none of the music channels really play music videos anymore. They have a schedule that seems to consist of everything BUT music videos.

Anyhow…I have noticed that all the music videos seem to be all about sex, sex and more sex. Even the female performers have more semi naked women in them than anything else. And it doesn’t seem to matter what genre the music is in either. Hm. I have always used music videos to find out what is considered sexiest now. For awhile, all kinds of women were in there. Light, dark, short, tall, plump, skinny, short hair, long hair, braids, perms, naturals, nothing,. But now… the standard of video ho has seemingly returned to it’s lowest level. Tall, skinny, big breasts, long hair, and a lot of times, rather….hmmm.. multiracial shall I say?? I have seen more Asian, Indian, and ‘other’ VH’s in video lately than anything else. *smiles*

Another result of the whole global economy thing?

Umph. I think I am going to go & take a nap now.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: