Friday, August 18, 2000

Adios Atlanta

8/15/00 (in the airport) 5:05 pm

Well, I’m leaving. It still hasn’t quite hit me that I’m leaving. That I won’t return to the tiny ghetto apartment I have made home for the past year and a half. I may never see the ‘vodka bottles’, or turner field, or Spelman again. Maybe it’s because I don’t think I am really leaving. I’m transferring for a bit, to give myself room to grow & change and make some money, but I will be back. This city is more home to me than any other place I have lived in. I have memories here, connections here, acquaintances here that I will never be able to forget. Besides, I LIKE this city dammit!
So for, everything is going well. I got my full security deposit back, so I have plump cushion of funds to work with. I didn’t leave anything in the spotlessly clean house (though I do think I forgot to lock the back door). I have a bottle of white zinfandel in my bag to toast my new beginning, and some incense to smoke the place up with. I’m comfortable, calm & confidant. I might be growing up…finally.
I have big plans, and the only thing that can hold me back, is me.

6: 20 pm

there is a fierce and
tender power
in the first lift of
wings
the moment
when
metal and rubber and
human ingenuity
become a

miraculously airborne wonder.


Indy….here I come.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: