Friday, August 18, 2000

Hola Indy!!

8/15/00 11:59 pm

Well, I’m here. I simply love my apartment, such a HUGE change from where I was before. I mean I KNOW I can make something truly beautiful out of this place, no problem. I haven’t done anything today (here) just washed the huge amount of dirty clothes I brought with me and pretended to unpack.

Flying first class is simply the most wonderful and jazzy thing. : ) *laughs* I will never be able to look at that little packet of peanuts the same again. Money provides you with so much.

I have been on the phone all night nearly, calling those who are near & dear to me to let them know about the new digs, and to pass out my number, and to share my joy. I almost shy to talk about this place because it seems/feels so damn extravagant it’s scary. Like I skipped a step in the socio-economic ladder. But I WILL make it… and make it will.

While wasting away those two hours in Hartsfield, I bought this book called ‘Hot Relationships’ that supposedly gives you the skinny on how to develop and keep a relationship going. Most of it is amazingly obvious, but she does have some good points, like HOW to argue. Anyhow, as me thinking about relationships usually does, I got to thinking about my ‘men’ and their unreliable trait.

I realize that I am NOT a demanding woman, and honestly, I tend not to ask for much. But when I do ask for something, it is because it is important to me, and for it (whateer it is) to be shuffled aside is a wee bit off-putting. Also, I am a firm believer in the power of no. If I don’t want to, or am unable to do something for someone, I will tell them no, and prefer to be treated the same way. For someone to tell me that they will do something, or (mercy forbid) VOLUNTEER to do something for me should mean that I no longer have to worry about it, because it will get done. Why does it seem like this is so rarely the case? In my next relationships, I am going to keep a tally sheet to see if I am tripping, or if what I feel is what is really going on. It just might be that I remember the times when his word was NOT kept more than I remember the times that it was.

Hm. I think that I will go and get a library card tomorrow, along perhaps with posting this stuff if the library has some decent computers going.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: