Saturday, August 19, 2000

Musical Interlude

That was FUN!!!! I am just getting back in from the Amel Laruiex (I know I just butchered her name) and D’angelo concert.

*sighs* Soooo much fun. I had been nearing about it on the radio, but I wasn’t sure if I was going to go. I called the box office today, and there wrre still tickets left, AND the concert was less than a block away from my house, so I figured why not?? : ) Oh man… soooo good.

It was kinda odd being there by myself, but after a point I was so into the music it would have been a waste to have some there with me…especially if they wanted to talk. After this I think that I might have to get both of their CD’s. *sighs* Mo’ money Mo’ money. Anyhow…. I dropped a suitcase on my foot last night as I was unpacking and ripped a big ole chunk of flesh out of the side of my pinkie toe, so wearing shoes was a LITTLE painful…if that hadn’t been the case, I would be at the after party…but my feet were warning me that after standing through the whole concert…there was no WAY they were going to be doing anymore dancing. ; ) But… on the way out I ran into one of the cool folx from Lilly that I had my interview with, and she gave me her card. *sighs* This whole human interaction/friendship building thing is ODD. Anyhow, she gave me her card, so I might be able to get some inside stuff from her.

The whole personals thing is going well… kinda sorta. There are only two guys that I have heard from that I think might be cool…and I am not sure a bout them. *sighs* Anyhow… I figure there is never any harm in trying, only in the refusing to try.

Okay… I’m cold & sleepy so I am off. Hopefully my foot will feel good enough tomorrow so I can wander around the AfricaFest.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: