Friday, August 18, 2000

I've been DEBBOR!!!

8/17/00 (11:12 pm)

I went out today to figure out how to get to work and to get a watch…and when I got home I had been ROBBED!! in reverse. : ) I walked back into the house and there were boxes & furniture EVERYWHERE. Kinda odd, but cool to. So I spent the rest of today unpacking. All of my stuff got here in one piece, expect for my TV, which for some odd reason hasn’t gotten here at all. : ( I still haven’t set up my computer because I know that once I do that most of my working enthusiasm is going to go out of the window and I am going to immerse myself in the world of the web. So I am not going to set THAT up until tomorrow.

I went to Broad-Ripple today, which is the cool/artsy part of town. Cute little kitschy shops, and lots of bars and restaurants. I am assuming that is where the hip parts of town hangout. But while I was down there, my decoration scheme became solidified in my mind. Neutral colors for the big things, and brilliant splashes of bright & vibrant colors in all the accessories. And lots of glass and dull silvery metal. VERY contemporary. And since I have so much light in my apartment, it will work well.

I realize why I don’t feel like I have moved. I’m STILL in a big city in America. They are all so similar….I have to find out what makes this city different, what is unique about it. And I’m not going to be able to do that in the house… *sighs* which means I am actually going to have to get out. I know that I ma going to the African festival which is on Saturday, but other than that I have no clue. I considered going to the state fair, but I am not realllllly ready for THAT much culture shock.

I went grocery shopping too. There is this cool grocery store about 4 blocks from my place, and I think that it is REAAAAALLLY expensive. Since it IS in the middle of downtown, and seems to cater to the gourmet taste & lifestyle, I’m not really surprised, but I need to find a Kroger nearby. A sista has limits. And speaking of LIMITS! I want to get my nails done, but the prices they are trying to charge in this city is OUTRAGEOUS! 70.00 for a full set? 25.00 for a FILL IN?? *groans* The cheapest I have seen so for has been 30.00 for a full set. Me. I’m used to 12-16.00 fill ins and MAYBE 23.00 for a full set. Hmm… I am going to have to go to the hood and find the Asian shops in the strip malls…they will most likely be a little more reasonable.

*sighs* I am almost done unpacking…. I just have a lot of clothes to hang up and stuff like that….but I am tired so I will deal with it tomorrow.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: