Wednesday, October 20, 2004

skipping

light and flutterly today, light and fluttery today - that's me.


I wanted to wear pink today, but didn't have enough energy to iron it. So instead, I'm in black and gray - matching the sky, I must admit - with a new pair of boots on.


Interesting things these boots - I'm thinking the heel has got to be at least 4 inches - and while it certainly doesn't look that much higher than my usual shoes - my feet ar firmly telling me that they are. I need to find some toe stretches. They are very black and tight and shiny - very catwoman. Not tight enough though, as they keep sliding down my calves. *sigh*


one of my coworkers (married for ten days, the darling girl) told me i looked 'tiny' yesterday. coming from a woman who wore a sive 4 wedding dress, that was rather impressive - and the funny thing is, it's true. I LOOK distinctly smaller - yet I haven't lost a pound, and my clothes still fit the same - but it certainly doesn't look like it. Very interesting sort of fool the eye.


I'm SO damn tired - was in bed by 9, woke up again for a hot second at 11 when C came home, got up this monring at 7. That's what? at least 9 hours of sleep? I've got no reason to have the unholy eyelids of droopiness right now (esp. considering it's ONLY 10am). But - I've been so very tired all week it seems - reserve jet la of some sort? Or more likely, my body is revolting against all the bloody sugar I've been shoving into it. And then, I have been working reallllly long days - I get here by 7:45 and I don't leave until 5, 5:30.....an easy ten hours. I think I might try to leave early today - see if frontloading sleep will help.


I wanted to go out tonight - there is a Wednesday night shindig downtown - but mercy - hmmm.... I suppose if I go home early and take a nap, I'd be raring to go by 10pm - but then, I don't know if I feel like dealing with hoodrats tonight.


*sigh* That's one of the things i don't like about this city - limited places to go (esp. if you don't want to drive or pay 30 bucks for a cab) and the vibe in most of these places is either ghetto as all get out, or so bougie they can't sweat. All i ask for is a place wehre you can shake your ass, have a damn good drink, and some interesting conversation - with people who have more than a little bit of sense. *sigh* Sheesh.


And even if there was someplace I could go, as C has the car (I miss my car) it's not like I could get there anyhow. *flutters hands* light and fluttery.


and work - maybe that's why I'm so tired - work has slowed down enough that I'm not frantically rushing from one thing to another that I have to do - and so I actually have enough time to realize how wiped out I am. And me with no holiday time until Thanksgiving. Ah well - luckier than most, I suppose.

No comments: