Friday, February 10, 2006

Ag-o-ny

All day, my back has felt like someone has taken a piece of barbed wire, shined it up reeeallllll nice, and wrapped it around my spine right above my ass.  My back hurts, my legs hurt, my ass hurts - everything hurts EXCEPT for my bloody abdomen, which is where the guilty party for this pain resides.
I really don't know what's been going on lately (TMI coming up) but my last couple of cycles have been INSANE. Normally, I start spotting one day, and then the next I'll get a few cramps, and my flow starts. It last for about 4-5 days, and then just stops. One day of cramps, one 'warning' day of spooting. Lately though - oh, no, no, no. I'll see spots, and two hours later it's Victoria Falls. I'm - uncomfortable - from day one until day four, and because I refuse to take analgesics for it (I'll explain that later)  it's just - very, very uncomfortable. And heavy. And clotty.  *sighs* I thought things were supposed to get easier AFTER the danggone IUD was taken out.


Okay - the no pain medicine thing. I learned this a while ago, and it made such sense to me, that unless the pain is REALLY bad - I mean, eyes watering, nasuea, headswimming bad (like it was today) - I won't take anything for cramps.  Most analgesics work by interfering with the production of the hormones that causes cramps (and I can't remember the right spelling - prosomethingorother) rather than just blocking your awareness of the pain. The problem when it comes to cramps is that the reason you HAVE cramps is because your uterus is trying to expel clots formed from the lining that didn't quite liquify - so it's a much, much weaker, less focused version of contractions.  So - if you take something to stop the cramps, those clots MIGHT not come out.  And - they might just kinda decay and disintergrate inside your uterus. And that just sounds really nasty to me. So I rarely, if ever, take drugs for the cramps.


Today though, my damn back hurt so bad, I popped two of those badboys about 15 minutes after getting to work and realizing that there was no way in hell I would be able to focus throughout the rest of the day. And my back STILL hurts. It's better than it was at first, but - holy shit.


Ummm........I guess that's enough whinging for now.  I'm sleepy, I have a meeting at 1, it's supposed to snow (which I refuse to believe until I see the white stuff falling) and I really just wanna go home. Bastards. When the hell am I going to hit Powerball so I don't have to deal with this anymore?


Oops. I said that was ENOUGH whinging, not to start whinging on another subject.


Dammit.

No comments: