Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Terrible Tuesday....

Largely because I'm all out of work. The Access 'issue' that I thought would keep me tied up for a while I finally girded my loins, sat down, put on my iPod, and focused on it for four and a half hours straight, and got it done. *sigh* So - that was next to the last thing on my list, and I'm still waiting for someone else to fix something so I can finish testing something else and.... *sigh* It's going to be a long week.


I had chocolate milk with lunch today, and I keep burfing creamy chocolately goodness. Overshare? Maybe.


I got my doula business cards yesterday - they are sooooo shexzy. Which, really, is kinda an odd thing to say, but I mean DAMN. They are soooo hot. Hot, Hot, Hoooot. So, now for the brochures.
I'm kinda concerned - it's been a week even, and I haven't heard a peep from AM. I know she's still alive cuz I get other unrelated emails - but what if the nice couple said they hated me or I had shifty eyes or something? I'm really deepbreathing about all of it, but ARRRGH woman - let me know something.
I'm so not a tendertart. I'd rather know bad news than dance on little springs about whether the news is going to be bad or not. Just TELL me, already.
*more deepbreathing*


So, the weekend. Went out, hung out over a friends house, basically chilled. Didn't watch the game, didn't even think about the game in fact. Ah, the wonders of living in a mostly sports free household. I finished the training (which was longer and more involved than I expected) for this work at home thing, and the phone lines should be on tommorow, so I guess I need to keep an eye out for a good headset. Oooohhh....just had a sudden thought. Hm, nah, that won't work. Ah well, I'll have to do some comparison shopping.


Ah well, at least it's given me some nice uninterrupted time to write. I've never finished a short story - I usually want to pack too much into it, and it irks me to have to strip a tale down to it's really important component parts. What do you mean I can only have ONE plotline? And then, I started thinking about AfricanAmerican folk tales, esp about the supernatural, but couldn't find a good online source. I'm pretty sure I have some books at home that have a couple of stories in them.....but that's not helping me right NOW, now is it??


What else, what else? Sweet Jesu, it's only 3:10.


I seriously have to start getting up earlier.


 

No comments: