Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Peaceful....

I'm actually - peaceful.

Right here, at this second, I'm not exactly comfortable. My booty hurts from sitting on the chair unevenly, and I think my foot is falling asleep, and my nose realllly itches.

But - I'm warm. I'm at home. I'm smelling the Black Nag inscense and spicy onion and garlic from C's dinner. I'm seeing G strolling back and forth from his bowl to his bed - and I hear his bell jingling. I still miss Nikki - but I can actually finally imagine bringing another kitty home. I'm listening to IronChef:America and C's spoon clinking against the bowl his dinner is in. I'm wearing what may very well be the most comfortable - and cute - outfit on the face of the earth, even though the undies DO keep trying to give me a wedgie. It's a little after seven, and I haven't eaten dinner yet - but I'm sipping on some delectably unholy alcoholic concoction of C's.

I'm at HOME. This is where my heart is, where my love is, where my energy belongs. It's not a perfect home - I still haven't really settled into a marriage, and he hasn't really grown up yet. It's amazingly dusty - and we aren't even going to talk about the situation with my closet. But it's HOME.

And I'm quietly, delightfully, wonderfully happy here.

Maybe I'm slightly agrophobic. The concept of being housebound is - completely and impossibly foreign to me. There are some people who actually can't STAND being at home? Just because they have been in the house all weekend?  Oh. Wow.  I - I honestly think that I could go for MONTHS without stepping foot out of my house unless I HAD to. And - I'm talking about a world where EVERYONE is online  (from the bookstore to the grocery store) and they all deliver. *swoons* Oh. My. God. Seriously ya'll, I could be a hermit. And let me be in my perfect house?  The one with the huge garden and the Victorian style interior? With a study and a office and a library and a music room and a creepy attic and a huge kitchen and fireplaces in every room? And a porch? And a hot tub? And a pool and an exercise room and definitely a video/game/computer room? I would invite everyone in the world to come and vist me - oh! and at least 3 guest bedrooms! - and we would have wonderful parties and massages and sit in the garden and smell the breeze and watch the babies and pick the weeds and laugh and knit and stitch and throw love parties all over the neighborhood.

Gah. I'm SUCH a hippie.

Maybe I should just move out to the Farm one of these days.

But right now, I'm so right - balanced, peaceful, loved, calm - I can't imagine ever wanting to be anywhere else.

Sore booty and all.

No comments: