Tuesday, April 17, 2001

A deeper love

I’m quite proud of meself. I woke up early this morning, and rather than climbing my lazy buns back into bed and sleeping for another hour, I got up, got dressed and went to the ‘gym’. I wanted to hop on the treadmill, but this thoroughly dedicated chick was runnnnning on the treadmill almost the whole time I was there (about 40 minutes). I stretched a bit, then got on the bike. I hate exercise bikes. I am a wide hipped, thick thighed woman, and them damn seats HURT my stuff. I toughed it out for about ten minutes, and then decided that the whole no pain to gain thing is a load of crap. I then hopped off the bike, and did some weight lifting. :) I went back home, and then did some yoga (mainly breathing/relaxing exercises…cuz I only had 15 minutes left before I had to start getting ready for work). Overall I’m pretty satisfied. The cardio bit I’m disappointed in, as I didn’t get a chance to hop on the treadmill, and I love my knees wayy to much to start off on the step machines. I think I will have to go to a thrift store and get some cheap sweat pants and sweat shirts so that I can walk/run outside. All I have now are shorts, and as it is getting COLD again… that is just not going to work. But I made the effort. *sighs* I think that I will do this every morning…an hour of SOMETHING. I have a couple of “8 minute ‘randombodyparts’” videos that I have had almost since I have been in Indy. I might also get a jump-rope, and use that for some in house cardio work for those days that I don’t feel quite human. *sighs* I have been scaling down my portions too. I figure I KNOW that I am not going to want to give anything up, but I can not eat quite so much of anything. *sighs* It’s odd…I am truly interested in making my body and better happier place. *shrugs* I think I know why, but I’m not ready to admit that reason to myself. Humph. I can remain in a state of denial on some subjects… yes?

Ah! I knew I was right. My co-workers IS pregnant. She is due in November. :) She fessed up yesterday at lunch as a group of us was talking about another co-workers grandbaby to be. I’m thrilled for her… raahllly I am. *sighs* I have issues. Anywayyyyyy….

I went crazy shopping this weekend. Brought an almost whole new wardrobe, nice flirty funky summery stuff. I purposely brought stuff that could be worn at various sizes…dresses with ties in back, button up stuff whose buttons could be shifted and the like. I want this stuff to last me until at least close to September, and then I can get some new winter clothes. *deep breath* Me me me memememememememememeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: