Monday, June 16, 2003

My Life, Eh?

For the longest time I was trying to be sleek & cool by having all my titles be a single word. Eh, screw that I say - I'll make each one be about the entry instead - however I wish it to be. Sometimes it might be one word, sometimes it might be a full sentence, but whatever it is it'll be the best fit.

So - besides losing weight and the personality changes that seem to come along with that, what else has been going on in my life?

1) TG & TBU's wedding: It was only my SECOND wedding in my life, but man it was LOADS better than the first. She was radiant, he cried before he even STARTED speaking his vows (and they were lovely - hers & his) and the food and dancing was great. :) I've warned her already that I will be swiping SEVERAL ideas from her and she gave me her total permission. I also had a face to face with several OD'ers - so cool to attach faces to words.
2) Work: It's been interesting. I still haven't quite settled into exactly WHAT my role is going to be as part of this new position, and I hate the fact that no-one can really break it down and list exactly what the hell I'm SUPPOSED to be doing, but I like it. I'm actually working/learning/CONTRIBUTING in a way that feels worthwhile to ME and it's good. I'm still only staying until this release is over.
3) Midwifery: I've been reading A LOT, and I have actually started studying (a little) in my A&P book. I've more or less settled on the fact that I'm going to do the CNM route - mainly because I don't really WANT to limit the states that I can legally practice in, and because I feel like I could do the most good if I have those 'letters' after my name. I'm trying to talk one of my first friends into becoming an OB rather than a heart surgeon so that I can always have a flexible and reasonable backup doc, but she's not hearing it. :) I plan on taking a few intial classes (like A&P) this fall if I can dredge up the money.
4) Wedding: Well. I REALLY need to get on these invitations - I've got everything set I just need to print them, put them together, and mail them. Not a biggie at all right? Yeah, right. The realization jsut hit me last week that it's the middle of JUNE and I wanted the RSVP's to be back by the first of AUGUST which means I REALLLLLLLLLLLLY need to get freakin crackin. I've bought my dress, and Corey has been fitted and ordered his tux. I haven't been able to get in touch with my MaidOH, and my ManOH won't be able to come *sob* because of another conflict. I'm not even going to debate within myself why he isn't willing to miss a day of school (yes, it's the first day in his doctoral program but still - it's MYYYYYY DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!) His family still isn't coming, but we've got a load of friends and the like who are - which means that the wedding will have the under-30 people I wanted it to have in the first freaking place. I still need to send of the official contract to the photographer and the officiant... and I have not yet booked our flights or our rooms because I'm waiting to see what kind of new job Corey gets so that I KNOW when he will be able to leave & come back. Heh. Somehow - I predict a future of me running about like a mad woman. Thank god we're getting married in Vegas cuz otherwise I would SO be SOL.
5) Friends: Well, I've ben trying to make some friends in real life and it's RATHER odd. I've joined the Indy Bi-Versity group, and it's just weird. I still haven't figured out how grown-ups make new friends, but I figure if I'm actually OUT amongst people, that's a first step in the right direction. How to translate that 'hanging out in a group setting' to 'hanging out as friends' I'm having a tough time with, but I figure I've got to get the hang of it at SOME point - yes?
6) Homelife - me & corey are doing great, though he still hasn't found a job up here and I miss him EVER so much, at least I know he's coming back soon. I tore my apartment apart and then put it back together - it's SO much more welcoming and attractive now. It could still stand tobe vacuumed once a week rather than the every other week it gets, but hey - I'm making progress. When he moves back, I plan on suggesting that we hire a miad to handle the rough bits for us on a biweekly basis. Why do it, if I can pay someone else to, yes? The kitlings are fine - I think they got rather spoiled at the kennel though - but I love them anyway. I had to stop letting thm go out on the balcony unsuperized as Nikki (he of the long tail) decided that he preferred sitting on the balcony railing to sitting on the balcony FLOOR where he belonged - so they are on bird watching probation.
7) Finances: Ugh. About the same - I got my first speeding ticket of the summer which I am going to pay for with part of the money I'm getting back from my expense report. I'm also up to date on the little things that I kept forgetting about like my subscrition to Smithsonian and a couple of bucks to my dentist and some other niggling things. I'm getting a little over 300 bucks back (so make that 200 to spend) and I plan on spending every SINGLE drop of it on new summer clothes & shoes for myself as it's really starting to get ugly. When I wash clothes Thursday and have NOTHING that I want to wear by Monday, that's really a bad sign.

I think that's about it. As I told Chris (who I'm talking to again on a VERY intermittent basis) I'm actually content for once. I'm not settled, but for right now as far as my life goes, I'm satisfied. And really - that's good enough for me for now.

No comments: