Friday, May 26, 2006

Still here....

So, I'm still around, and actually still studying. I've backed off a little from jumping directly into the Netjer and the rituals, and am now focusing on the Kemetics themselves. As a culture, Egypt was - amazing. The longest lasting culture that we have any historical record of, and from start to end there was a rock solid base that remained ever constant. And their 'religion' played into that a good deal - but it's almsot unfair to call it 'religion'. It was - culture, moreso. It was life - it was the proper way of things, and therefore there was a very fine line between secular and sacred - and over the last 2000 years, that line is even MORE blurred.

Anyhow, I'm reading 'The Mind of Egypt' right now, and another very fluffy Egypt based book. IT's interesting though - I feel like I'm learning a HECK of a lot more (about myself, about my faith, about my Gods) by reading books that don't focus on the netjer and the temples and the rituals and so forth.

So. Yesterday, I actually WROTE IN A BOOK for the first time since - college? And I don't even think I wrote in my books that much then.

No comments: