Wednesday, March 31, 1999

J said - Must reality interfere w/dreams?

I don't want to talk
about the state of the union
or about Jada's hair
or about the price of milk

I want to hold you in my arms
wrap my soul around your love
and talk
without saying a thing.

I don't want to write
an essay on
The Suffering of Modern Woman
or an article
for the student paper

I want to put pen to paper
and let the whispers that
haunt my heart
slide into eternity

I don't want to think
about how I'm gonna pay the rent
or what tests I have to take
or what the rest of my life holds

I want to think about the color of your eyes
when you laugh
the sound of your voice
when you cry
the touch of your hands
when you love me.

I don't want to be alone
for life
for birth
for change

I want you to be there
touching me
whipsering to me
holding me
all through my life.


J.

No comments: