Tuesday, March 23, 1999

J said - Hands & Notes

I have changed in the past few months...changed in how I look at people. Not to long ago, when I first looked at a person, I would automatically looked into their eyes to see what was going on behind them, or what they were trying to conceal behind them. Now, I look at their hands. Hands can tell such interesting stories, or at least they look like they can. Long hands, small hands, hands that don't seem to belong to the body they are on...short nails...long nails...smooth skin..veins... rings...tattos...all sorts of things. I find myself staring at hands, wondering at their history. Have they hit today? Have they loved? Have they hugged? Have they comforted? Have they caressed? Have they held? Have they pushed away? Have they healed? Have they hurt? What have they done? what has been done to them? Women's hands... men's hands.. even childrens hands...watching how they hold onto things...how they hold onto each other...how they adjust their clothes...how they stroke their hair...hands almost seem like separate entities to themselves...different from the rest of the body. Any way.. I stare at hands now...I think they know almost as much as the eyes do about the person they are attached to.


Okay.. onto the next Topic...the whole note thing. *sighs*

While I have never had one of those ugly notes.. I have seen some.. and I have heard reprecussions from some...people who have exposed their SOULS and have had them ripped & wounded & denigrated by some wandering stranger who gets a kick out of leaving their own brand of foulness on anothers work. But alllll the same....somehow saying that EVERYONE outside of this space (the OD) is/will be harmful..is hurtful both to those who would wish to share their thoughts..as well as those diarists who would leave their thoughts here.

I KNOW the DM did this to protect us...but at the same time...is there a point at which we can be TOO sheltered?


J.

No comments: