Friday, March 19, 1999

J said - For Mi Papi

I am constantly amazed by him. He has gone through things that I PRAY that no one else born will have to endure, and yet he has survived and blossomed and grown.
Have you ever wanted to wrap yourself around someone and pull them inside of you so that you can protect them from WHATEVER the world may have in store for them because those hurts will have to come through you first?

That is what I wish I could do for the child that he was...hide him away somewhere within me...away from anyone who would touch him with ANYTHING other than love...but then would he be the man that he is now?

And that is even sadder...would he be the wonderful strong...friend that I have now if he HAD NOT suffered? I don't know...I think he would.. Everytime I talk to him I am reminded of how each of us is blessed and cursed in some way...and how we each must grow from it.

Papi...*laughs* he is my brother.. my closet friend...a storng man that I have grown to love.


This is for you Mi Papi....
You are a wonderful Man...
I love you .


And you know what the strangest part of this all is?


We have never actually met each other. At least not in the flesh. And sometimes I feel like that would almost be superfluous...like why meet? then I KNOW.. that us meeting will simply add something to the relationship that we have.


Mi Papi...Mi corazon...


J.

No comments: