Wednesday, March 17, 1999

J said - Snippets and Sonnets & Literary Things

When ever I'm disturbed or not at peace bits and peaces of words or poems or prose tend to drift through my head. Lately I have managed through a comedy of the most unpleasent errors to screw up (partially) a mailing that my job is doing. I hate screwing up.. to err is human bedamned...mistakes..errors and in genral wrongness is not in my vocabulary. Anyhow....because of this I'm feeling a little less than my usual glory of light & joy self. So... what is drifting through my mind today?


From shakespeare's 'Much Ado about Nothing' (the GREATEST play/movie of all time....if you haven't seen the one with Denzel Wasington in it runnnnnn to your nearest video store and rent it)


May I live in thy eyes...sleep in thy heart.. and die in thy lap.


From Des'ree (does anyone want to get me a complete set of her CD's for a housewarming gift?)


Gotta be strong
Gotta be tough
Gotta be wiser


From a poem that I wrote...in early or mid 98.


Ruth saying: where ever you go
there I will be


from a poem I wrote yesterday.. or the day before...


Despite space
with love
we touch us


Ah well...anyway... *shrugs* I'm so tired... just drained drained drained...and I'm sure that is because

1) I haven't been eating right
2) I have cash flow issues and troubles
3) The seasons are changing


*sighs* When one lusts after sleep like a hungry person lusts after food...that is bad. although I always feel fully rested when I wake up.. to bed around 10;30 11ish...back up at 6:30 7ish....I get more than enough sleep....but..when your tired everything looks like hell


May you be in heaven for two days before the devil knows you are dead...


Is that appropiate for a birthday card? Do I really care? His birthday was yesterday...I sent him that.. along with a quote from the little prince about how what is truly essential cannot be seen by the eyes...it can only be seen and understood by the heart...considering that he often acts like he doesn't HAVE a heart.. he might miss out on the whole meaning of the quote.


Ah well.


J.

No comments: