Friday, October 14, 2005

Dense,

chewy, warm, smooth, rich, crunchy, tender, sweet, buttery, finger-linking good - bread. My. God. I really forgot JUST how freaking good homemade bread is - I'm definitely going to have to start 'playing' with sourdough bread. And damn - as I was making bread, I realized just why americans are so fat. We don't have to 'work' for our food. Making a single loaf of bread took about 4 hours from start to finish (not of constant work) and - it was HARD work. Man - my arms were getting tired just kneading.
But damn. *licks fingers, lips, and anything that came in contact with the bread* is it good. And - I can't imagine eating this bread in a SANDWICH. Or - more accurately, I now understand why people could live off of bread and water.  This is a WHOLE nother level of bread, ya'll.



 

No comments: