Monday, October 31, 2005

Reshaping 1: Silent Beginnings

I figured Halloween was a good day to start, as heaven knows, this is SCARY. Let's start with the current numbers...

K's Stats

Current

Goal

Diff
Age: 28 30 N/A
Height:5'4 (64 in) 5'4 N/A
Weight: 230lbs 140 90lbs
BMI: 39.5 24 15.5
Upper Arm 16 12 4
Bra Size 40DDD 36DD 4in/1 cup
Waist 43 28 15
Hips 51 39 12
Thighs 29 22 7


The 'Goal' sizes would put me in a size 10 - which would thrill me to utterly no end. Ya notice, I plan to do this by my 30th birthday, which gives me 62 weeks. I think it's definitely do-able. A little under a pound and a half a week, and really - the measurements are MUCH more important to me than the weight itself - I could be 160 - 170, and if I can fit nicely into a 10, I'll be thrilled.

So - how do I plan on doing this?
1) Exercise - *gasp* That's right - the hated word. I'm going to finally start doing my swimming/weights routine that I've had prepared for oh, eons now. The schedule is as follows:
Monday & Wednesday: Starting with 1/4 mile (9 laps) - I haven't figured out the step-up schedule yet.
Tuesday & Thursday: Full Weight schedule (the one I've had for ages) - once I can do more reps at the end of a set, I go up by five pounds.
Saturday: Yoga & Ab Work at Home
Friday & Sunday: Days of Rest

2) Diet - this one, I honestly haven't figured out yet. I think that I'm going to do an unholy combination of French, South Beach, and Low Cal. My definite goal is under 50 carbs a day and under 1200 calories a day. I'm going to exercise for three weeks before I even start WORRYING about this however - those three weeks are the 'evalution' period from French - where I look at what I eat, and determine what I am easily willing to relinquish, and what would just be too too hard to give up on. For example - I already know that I can easily give up on the cookies from work, but the home baked bread I won't give up on. I can give up on the sugary drinks, but I will keep my good wine. I will limit my apple cider to the sugar free stuff from home, and only twice a week. So - my ultimate goal is to basically use the 'mental' aspects of the French, the nutritional aspects of SB, and have both of those limited within my caloric intake. A lot of it will consist of high quality food, carry in lunchs, and *groans* three meals a day. I really HAVE to start eating breakfast. But - I figure, a cup of something warm, half a piece of fruit, and a bit of yogurt should be enough. So...so so....

Okay - I wandered off to get a food diary, and now I ahve no clue where else I was going. But I think that's it - food and exercise. We'll get into rewards once I've actually earned one. Though, I really do want to create a calendar for meself..... I think I'll do that, then go eat lunch.

No comments: