Friday, April 7, 2006

And once again, it's on!!

So.sosososoooooooooooooooo.


Okay - firstly!! Can I tell ya'll that I must SERIOUSLY want this house, because I drove through hail, lightening, thunder, literal SHEETS of rain, AND a tornado warning to get to the house - and yes, I was on the highway the whole time. If I was Catholic, I woulda been crossing myself.
But! By the time I got to the house - the sun was back out. Good sign, yes?


So - Paige walked us around (Bella, she reminds me of you!! I'm not suprised ya'll are friends!) pointed out things, and just generally placed her stamp of approval on the place. I think that she was impressed by The House as well - but because it's as-is, AND becuase it's surrounded by foreclosures, she dropped the offered price by 8K.


I went to the bank, got a certified check for the earnest money (which I have no idea of how to turn back into cash, and don't really care, as I don't WANT to turn it back into cash, as that would mean they just out & out refused our offer) and faxed that to her.


Now comes the painful part. Ya'll know I HATE waiting. HATE HATE HATE waiting. And - I THINK the owner was outside mowing the grass when we left the house so *groans* who knows how long it might be before they come back with either an accpetion or a counter (because rejection has left my vocabulary). How long did it take ya'll to get a response to your offers? And it's Friday!! ARRRRRGHH!! And - Paige is leaving town Sunday, I SOO hope we have a response by then. One of my coworkers offered, countered, and accepted all in one day - so that's a good sign.


Paige also recommended another loan officer - a local fellow - and he seems - hell, he SEEMS more open than the internet folx, and he DIDN'T treat me like I DON'T know how people get over - never mind the fact that I don't know - but...hm. The simple fact that Paige knmows him/recommended him, and the fact that he actually took the TIME to explain what he was doing and how he was caluclating stuff - it makes me feel better. Oh yeah, Paige told me that we are now in her ever so capable hands, and I have nothing further to worry about. HAH! Okay, true, but still - HAH!


*thumps head on desk* I seriously just need to go out tonight and party mah ASS off - but then, the last time I did that, I lost my cellphone, and as EVERYONE has my cell number - that might be a verrah bad ting.


*breathes*


*oooohhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

No comments: