Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sea of Calm

I'm about as content as a cat with a bowl fulla fresh milk. I feel all - settled and - cozy.


I seriously, seriously, seriously, MUST invest in a new camera - it's just RIDICULOUS how fabulously photogenic our house is! I went by yesterday (partial stalkage, partially making sure a branch didn't fall off during the storm Tuesday, or a tornado didn't touch down and take tBH to Oz) and just - wandered around. I keep forgetting the fact that C has only been in the house ONCE, so when we are talking about what we wanna do to it, he doesn't have nearly the crystal clear mental image of tBH that I do. Anyhow!! So - I was outside (as we don't have keys yet, obviously) just kinda wandering around. I spotted some stuff in the backyard (like a huge tin tub!) that I would REALLY like to keep - seriously, they can leave any danngone thing they want there. But (I keep loosing my train of thought) as I was wandering around - I mean, the place is GORGEOUS. Seriously - and I've always loved nature photography, but actually making time to go to a park was always like - eeeeehhhhh. So. Must get new camera.


But! contentment. Closing is tomorrow (and I refuse to freak, or even worry about the fact that the lender hasn't gotten back to me about the appraisal - it's over the selling price, and that's really all that matters!) and I'm taking both tommorow and Monday off. Most of the downstairs is packed - I refuse to pack the kitchen, considering that I'll most likely end up packing the rest of the house - because ya know, I'm anal like that and I've SEEN what Hubsterman calls 'packing' - and it's more like - toss some shit in a box and tape it closed. *shudder* Except, of course, for the kitchen, where everything is damn near alphabetized by the time he's done packing. *shakes head* Anyhow! The upstairs is really just books, clothes, and toiletries - I think I'll start attacking the horror that is our UnderSink tonight.
I've been stalking the facilities manager here - he told me he has like 15 boxes on a dock in another building, and I want! I want badly! They are the boxes that the reams of paper come in, and I figure 15 MIGHT hold all our books. *sighs* Okay, who am I kidding, we'll most likely need 30. I've got about 5 or 6 at home, and the nice housekeeping manager has been giving me the boxes the cups come in, so - we shall see. This weekend is going to be an orgy of packing and cleaning - mainly cleaning tBH, because I'm not cleaning the apartment until it's empty.


And BLUURRGH!! Our landlord is sticking to the lease, the blimy mop! He's 'agreed' to accept 600 bucks (assuming we will be out on the 5th) and return our deposit (assuming we haven't put any holes in the walls). So, ASSUMING he gives us back the full deposit - we'll end up only being out 350, instead of the 450 that we offered him (which, in my mind, is brightly backasswards, but hey! whatever's clever) so, I am damn well GOING to be out of this house on the 5th, even if we ain't got no fridge. Speaking of which, we are going to have to shop for that tomorrow as well.


Edited: Housewarming!!! We want to have some time to paint, and meebe buy some furniture, and DEFINITELY get a condenser, so we are thinking that the housewarming will be in October sometime...We're planning on making it a REAL par-tay!! :_)



Work is - *shrugs*. I'm so glad it pays the bills though.

No comments: