Thursday, April 6, 2006

bugger!!!

I was almost done with a lovely long entry that was only 3/4 about the house - and my computer froze. *grrr*


Okay - to recap....


1) We are thinking about the addendums to the purchase contract - so far we want
a) The stained glass windows and crystal chandeliers stay. (NOT negotiable)
b) The appliances stay (I'm assuming they ARE going to stay, as they were listed in the online profile, but better safe than sorry. As it is, we would have to buy a fridge)
c) The lawnmower stays (this is a nice to have, but not required)
d) The junk around the edge of the property goes (or he could pay for the rental and disposal of a dumpster)
e) The polebanr goes (this is a negotiable one)
f) They cover 100% of closing costs.
Anything else super obvious we might be missing?


2) The buying agent never called me back last night. After lunch I'm going to call her and let her know that if she isn't interested - maybe she doesn't like the area, maybe she knows the commision isn't worth it (even though, really - we've done MOST of the hard work),  to let me know so that I can move on and find someone else. Really, I jsut want someone to hold our hand through the negotiations AFTER the inspection comes back. *thinks* OneDreamer - could you leave that name in a [P] note again? Silly me deleted it before writing the name down.


3) Did some research online last night, and joy of joys - Tennesee is a termite RICH area.  Two lovely quotes "In fact, termites are holding up our dirt. There are about 15 termite colonies on an average acre, each with about a million bugs per colony. That's a lot of livestock. If all my termites up and died tomorrow, my yard would sink an inch just from the loss of biomass, and wreck my foundation."  and  "Any Tennessee house could have termites at any time. If you want protection against termite damage, you have to buy a service contract from a pest control company. If you have your house under such a contract (and do read the fine print), the pest control company will have to pay to fix any damage termites might cause in the future."
Is there a way we can find out how often (if ever) they had pest control come to the house? Should that be one of the addendums? Dammit - this kind of thing is why I want a buyers agent - If I can't get hold of one before noon tomorrow, we WILL ask the listing agent this stuff, but - gah.


4) Talking to a THIRD loan officer - still dangling the 6.5 rate in front of him - to see if he can beat it. Muahaha..... he's saying that he doesn't think he can because of the points that they are most likely rolling into the rate. I should ask the Quicken fellow if we can pay some of the points up front and drop the rate - I really did like working with him, but if we can get a better rate, I'mma drop him like a hot tater. Just sent him an email with the copy of the better good faith estimate. MUAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!


I think that was about it for the house stuff.


Work is - work. I'm semi busy, but still not nearly as busy as I would like to be. I'm skipping out on a team lunch tomorrow to go and sign the purchase agreement, and I don't feel the least bit guilty. I was telling one of my friends that I didn't really realize just how GOOD I had it at Lilly, as far as a team went. We - actually liked each other. We would talk about our lives, we would go out to lunchtogether almost daily - we got along. Here? It's a buncha people that work together, and that's about it. Bleh.


C is looking for a new job - I told him he isn't allowed to switch jobs until AFTER we get the mortgage. *laughs* But hopefully, he'll be able to get a job paying a hell of a lot more - either by staying at CC and moving into a salaried position, or by finding an Exec job in a freestanding. He's got an interview with a new freestanding place next Wednesday, so *goodthoughts!gooooddddthoughts!*


Um. I think I'm done (and I better save before this POS crashes again!)

No comments: