Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Brief Update....

Have finished reading Ma'at: A Philosophy of Justice (roughly) by Manici (roughly - I'll have to look up and correct the names). It was - intriguing, actually - presented a very different view of Egyptians as a whole, and a more - i nmy mind at least - reasonable explanation to the - fluidity of their 'religion' as a whole.
I haven't dug into the library books yet (why do I ALWAYS read the books I own BEFORE I read the books I've borrowed??) but I think that "Reading Egyptian Art" will be next. I was rummaging though those books to try to find a reference to the moon - which I found in "Reading" and it is referenced to as Horus's left eye - never knew that - and almost started reading right in the middle of the book. So yeah.
I've set up an itsy bitsy altar at work - just my two tiny goddess statues (the same ones I took to DotM, actually) - largely because I need to be - grounded and calmed and pulled together more at work, and - *looks around* Gah, I miss my old coworkers.

*sighs* I've decided that I'm not going to PUF this year - our landlord DID give us the extra week that we wanted to move - but! - I have to work this weekend. I'm doing production support, which means that I really just need to stay within spitting distance of my computer. So - *sigh* I guess I'll get a lot of packing done this weekend - and cleaning of the new house. *sighs* I'm DEFINITELY going next year though - seriously.

Okay. Must work now.

No comments: