Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Futhermore....

So! I've started the process of preapproval (bugger, if I had seriously thinking about this earlier, I could have started, oh, yesterday?? Have I mentioned that I feel like I'm on speed??? Eeee!!) by scanning and sending off all of the documents we need.

Total Sidebar: Sometimes, I worry about myself. If there is anything that I can do without actually TALKING to people - I'll do it, rather than get on the phone with someone. It's odd though, because when I AM on the phone with people, I'll be just as pleasant and chatty and it's not like it's - hard or scary. I'd just rather NOT do it. Email and chat RULES!!! End of Total Sidebar

Anyhow - THANK YOU  all of my homebuying favorites. *laughs* I think buying a house is harder than having a kid, seriously.

Anyhow - AGAIN - I'm emailing this fellow from LendingTree.com JUST to get a preapproval. It's odd how this whole process has be trusting my feelings more. I'm on speed because we don't have a lot of time. I feel this, and I'm SO running with it.
I called the realtor that we used to find this apartment about getting a buyer's agent, but after [Serin]'s note, I think maybe we shouldn't? *thinks* Is the potential of getting half of the commison ourselves (ESPECIALLY since, dammit, I did all the bloody work) worth going into it blindly??

HAH! I was just talking to mah girl Andi (Hi Andi!!) and I came up with how I REALLY feel about getting a buyers agent..... continuing my house/baby similie - the first time I have a baby, I want a midwife - but the second time, I might consider going unassisted. The buyers agent is my midwife, and s/he's worth the money. *firm nod*

*deep breath*

So. Hopefully, I'll hear back from the loan officer and the real estate lady tommorow. The real estate lady will have the name of a house inspector. The only thing that would make this a real no-go is termites. *groan*  The loan officer will tell us - you'r pre-approved for some outlandish amount. I will call the listing agent and make an offer contingent on inspection. I will schedule the inspector to look at the house this week. We could be closing - oh, before our lease expires in MAY!
Totally insane. Totally. At least you have a minimum of 7 months to prepare your brain for a kid.

No comments: