Thursday, April 6, 2006

Stuff....

This one is going to be really rambly, as I haven't written here for a while, but have been up to stuff.

So - *thinks* Saturday, I thnk it was, I started working on the new statuette of Ma'at..... *sighs* It didn't feel the same this time, making it. I'm not sure if it was more because of the strggles I had in making the 'faux' lapis lazuli (I've got more scrap shades of sparkly blue than a little bit), but after I got the clay together, I went through about three variations of the statue before getting something that I'm satisfied with - yet even though it's prettier than the first one (I made a mold for the face from a wedding statue that we have - that was fun!) I LIKE the first one better.  At some point, I'll take pictures of both so that ya'll can see them. I have to admit, the actual - construction of this one was done much better - I actually used gold clay for the feather and the headband, so - it's very pretty - but the first one FEELS better. 
I also made the small offering bowls to go in the shrine - those I LOVE.  They need to be glazed though - I need to read up on burning items in FIMO - I would like to use one as an inscense holder, but I don't want to release toxic fumes along with the inscense. I think that I might like the Ma'at statue better if I glazed it - I'll have to find some good clay glaze and see if a buffed shine will make it feel better.
What else? I got the Tarot cards - I don't believe I talked about that  - and they are alll gorgeous. The cards are a little bigger than I expected, but they still can fit into my hands.  I haven't used them yet - though, I've got some stuff going on where doing a reading would be very useful - but I know that I'm no where NEAR objective enough to do one for myself. I'll either interpet everything exceedingly pessimistic or exceedingly OPTIMISTIC.  Maybe someone at DoM will be able to do a reading for me. 
I've gotten all of the books that I've ordered online, and I've put together a list of books to pick up from the library - they have several books that were highly recommneded, so I'm going to read them first, and then I suspect that I am going to want to buy them - anyone know of a good source? I don't think that HoN's online bookstore sells books other than those written by their Nisut, but I'm not sure - I'll have to double check. 
What else have I been up to? 
Okay - not directly related to Ma'at/Kemetism, but I simply MUST mention it - we are looking at buying a house, and I'm seriously trying to be calm and relaxed about it, but I'm already plotting on where to put the shrine, and how I'm going to paint, and all that. My brain is 90% occupied by thoughts of the house, so - yes. 

Hmm... not as rambly as I thought ......




No comments: