Tuesday, April 4, 2006

*very deep breath*

Oh. My. God.


Seriously, ohmygod!


*grins*


I've been giggling for half the afternoon - I KNOW that my coworkers think that I am OFFICIALLY out of my damn mind.


We looked at the house. We went inside and upstairs. It's - gorgeous. Like, seriously. It's PERFECT for us. The kitchen is huge, the stove is gas. The floors are wood, the ceilings are low (cheaper to heat, ya know). The land is lovely - and all you can hear is the wind through the trees and birds tweeting. There are roses all around the front, and the attic is scary.


The only thing that we saw wrong with it on an inital passthrough is that the upstairs bathroom is TINY. I mean - all that should really be in there is a toilet and many a corner shower - not the giganourmous tub that's in there. But we can do that - we can deal with that.


So. What the HELL do we do next? I want to get preapproved, then call the agent and tell him that we want to make an offer, and ask him to act as our agent. I know, I know - you shouldn't have the sellers agent act as the buyers agent as well - but dammit, he deserves the full comission.


How the hell do you shop around for a good interest rate? We are going to do the 80/20 loan - do you have to get a mortgage from the same entity that preapproves you?


My chest hurts, I'm so bloody excited!! Of course, we took (I took!) lots of pictures (with a real camera this time) but silly hubby didn't grab the best charged battery, so I had to take em fast - I'll update with the pictures once I get home.


And oh yes - C LOVED it. Once he saw it, it clicked for him. We really have been SO lucky in choosing where to live - we always seem to manage to find places that FEEL right.


So - Loan, Contract, Inspection - in that order. 


*GASP*


We are seriously going to buy a house.


Oh.My.God!

No comments: