Friday, July 28, 2006

I so, so, so, SOOO have to keep my hands OUT of my hair. I twisted it, and not only was the left side (the side my hands are constantly in - pulling, tugging, twisting, 'fixing' knots) was a GOOD two inches shorter - and a good bit thinner - than the right. *sighs*
So, I guess I've had a 'mini-chop'. I sat here and trimmed my twists the best I could - cutting out a lot of damaged hair (which felt so deceptively silky by that time because of the WP), as well as evening out the sides of my head. I left the top and back a little longer - it'll be interesting seeing what it looks like when my hair is all out again - and I might do a bit of a snipsnip again.

Interestingly enough, it only took me - what - 3.5 hours to twist my hair - which is MUCH faster than usual. I think it was because I didn't have to fight my hair NEARLY as much to get it into smooth parts because it's looser. I would be MORE than willing to keep my hair in twists 90% of the time if I can twist it that fast. And - *sighs* if it's in twists, it'll be easier for me to keep my fingers out of my head.

So. I can't wait to get the Sweet Success Oil - I'm going to be massaging the doghell out of my scalp.

And- the henna!!! I LOVE the color. Oh my god - I love it. It's - almost indescribable - I call it Autumn. Like - the orange and red of maples leaves, lit by sun. Did I mention the shine? My hair - GLOWS. It looks almost like pure copper. IT's GOR-FREAKING-GEOUS. My poor broken off tightly curled ends show up like metallic flakes on my dark dark brown roots (which look to be the SAME color - once again, I think the henna was too thick). It's - gorgeous. I'm SOOOOOO happy with the henna experiment.

No comments: