Thursday, July 20, 2006

My Products

So - I figured I'd note what products I use now - what I like, what I don't, so that if I forget, I can have a place to remember. At some point, I want all of my products to be kitchen products.....

Cowashing: White Rain Moisturizing Conditioner (Big Lots, 88 cents for 32 oz)
Clarifying: WRMC + 1/2 cup of water + heaping teaspoon baking soda.
Leave-In: Oyin's HoneyHemp Conditioner finger combed into wet hair.

I have the rest of the Oyin sample pack (whipped pudding, shine & define, greg juice) but the HH is the main thing I use. I honestly don't really LIKE the greg juice - I don't think that my hair likes liquid glycerine - it feels sticky and crunchy all at once. The WP might end up more on my skin than on my hair, and if I ever decide to twist my hair again, I'll use the S&D - otherwise, it'll languish in my cabinent.

I haven't settled on a deep conditioner yet - I'm not sure that I NEED one, considering that I sleep in conditioner at least once a week. What use is a deep conditioner? Protiens in my hair makes my hair crunchy/strawlike feeling - the ONLY time I've ever used them were immeadiately after a dyejob, when my hair needed ressurection. Oil just sits on top of my hair (though a hot oil treatment sounds sinfully luxurious) - and any conditioner with cones in it make my hair crunchy as well. So. But! I think that the henna might deep condition my hair - I plan on using it once a month until I'm happy with the color - then I'll most likely start glossing. I wonder if I can just mix henna in with my conditioner, and if it will continue to condition even after the dye demises? Ah well, if I really think I need a deep conditioner, I MIGHT sacrifice my HH for it - but I REALLLY like it as a leave-in.

No comments: