Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'm so excited about the henna - I LOVE this color - love it! It's deepened more - still not red, but - copper. It's sooooooooo pretty. I still have the super dark roots, but that's no suprise - I'm almost positive that the henna was too thick.

I also got my Oyin shipment yesterday - the large WP, the large HoneyHemp conditioner, and the Poobar. I put the WP in the fridge, as I doubt that I will go through the sample size one in 2 months, and I want to keep it fresh. The HH and the Poo bar went into the bathroom cabinent.

Funnily enough, since I am considering going WO, I'm not sure how much use I'm going to get out of the Poo Bar.

Speaking of which, I joined a challenge on the Nappturality forum - a 3 month Challenge to do nothing to your hair but twist, wash, and retwist it for 3 months. I actually plan on making it a four month challenge, and I'm going to henna my hair each time. I'm going to do four months, because by then (8 applications of henna) I figure that my hair will most likely be almost as dark as it's going to go, and I'll be able to see my growth rate really clearly. *sighs*

I'm honestly REALLY down about the damage I've done to my hair - esp since it was out of pure LAZINESS. I KNOW that having my hair is twists is so much better of a protective style than the afro (I mean, not combing for 2 weeks, vs combing every other day? And preventing tangles and knots???) but - I just didn't FEEL like doing it. I'm trying to think of a reasonable schedule, but - eh. I think that having to cut off 2-3 inches from ONE side of my hair - so that my hair isn't OBVIOUSLY lopsided was a painful lesson well learned. *shakes head*

Anyhow!! I need to check on my Sweet Success Oil - I don't think I've gotten a shipment notification yet.

No comments: