Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Lovely, that was....

There really should be more four day weekends - they are lovely - just long enough to TRULY enjoy the weekend, but not quite long enough that I am dreading (anymore than usual) coming to work. So....


Didn't do NEARLY as much as I planned, but did do the important stuff.  The bathroom is spotless! The kitchen - mostly spotless. It was spotless before I leapt upon it and wrecked it with a 4 hour cooking marathon. Living Room - as spotless as it can be two days after making it spotless. The accursed wallpaper, I'm starting to consider just painting over it and calling it 'texture', but I know that would drive me bonkers in a few months, so slowly but surely I'm still chipping it off. See - the problem with the wallpaper is the fact that well - it's paper. I mean - PAPER. Like a extra thin brown paper bag, firmly glued to the wall. And, the second it gets wet, the edges come up - but that's about it. I've tried scoring the paper - that just makes the edges come up it neat little squares before it rips halfway through because it's sooooo delicate. Dammit.


I wonder if you can rent indoor sandblasters? We could do the walls and strip the floor all at once!


My hair was loved and moisturized and nutured on all weekend - as a reward, it's haloing my head in a very pretty display of curly cottony goodness.


Hubby had to work Monday and Tuesday - but both days he went in at noon, and was home before 3 - so it w as ALMOST like he had the days off. Man, I love it when he's salaried.


And - to top things off - I only have to be at work for three days!! Heh. Life IS wonderful.

No comments: