Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I think that I may have figured out why my hair HATES the koHumectress - it has mineral oil in it! Now, when I first picked it up, I'm sure I saw the bit about mineral oil, and figured that if this stuff was half as good as folx claimed that it was, a little mineral oil wouldn't be a problem. But..... I'm thinking that it is - which is good to know.

Sunday, after I rinsed out the DC, I put a bunch of the stimluating GTG oil that I had in my hair, and then braided it into about 6 little braids with some whipped pudding on each. I didn't really like the way my hair felt - it felt - dry, somehow - like the oil was just sitting on top, not tender, like it does when I just use the WP.
However! By the time my hair dried, and I was twisting it with gel and WP - it felt much better - softer and smoother from tip to end.

Two days later (after having gotten my hair wet twice) it feels AMAZING. Soft and strong and - kinda straightish. I'm looking forward to doing a twist out - I might be BOLD and do it on Thursday, and see how it looks for Friday morning.
One down side of keeping my hair in twists is that I can't DO things to it during the week. I can work on my scalp, yes - but the hair itself? Nope, not at all.

Anyhow! I've decided that my homemade ASC oil is going to be a constant in both my henna and my DC - I LOVED the way my hair felt when I rinsed out the DC - and I might oil with the ASC oil this time, instead of the GTG oil. Also - I think that I'm going to see if I can find some Jojoba oil at the health food store - I think that I'm going to be driving by one on my way to see my trainer Wednesday - so that will be cool. If I can find some jojoba, I'm going to use at least half of it and make another batch of ASC oil - oh, I might get more coconut oil too. I would LOVE to get some shea butter, and some castor oil, and make a custom WP too..... *rubs hands together* This will be fun!
I happen to LOVE the smell of the Amla/Shikakai mixture too, so that it great....
I'm debating on what to do with the leftover 'spices' I have from making the oil - I think that I will try to make a paste with a weeee bit of water, and maybe mixing it into some shea butter, and seeing how that acts.
We shall see.

No comments: