Friday, September 29, 2006

So!

I'm such a flipflopper - yesterday, I called the braiding salon, and found out that they would be open all day Saturday, and planned on going there and checking them out. But then, my cheap gene started acting up, and I figured I would slide on over to NP.com, and see what kinds of info they had in their Styles section - and I found the BEST ever [url=http://public.fotki.com/delushious/how_tos/twist_extensions_101/]tutorial[/url] on how to do twists - and as I kept wandering around, I found one or two more (I'll have to come back tonight and edit this - I saved them as friends on my fotki, but work doesn't allow me to access fotki) including one GORGEOUS yarn twist - that I definitely think I will try. The idea of having fake hair in my head was - ehhhh - to me the whole time - I'd rather have yarn!
Now - if I can get my twists looking even HALF as good as those girls - the first set will cost me about 30 bucks (for the yarn and for a braid sealer machine) and after that, each set will cost ABOUT 5 bucks. HELLO???? Five bucks! And I won't have to waste an entire day in the salon! I figure I should be able to get them done in about 6-8 hours - which ain't bad - even if I go long with them.
I paln on swinging by the fabric store near me to see if they have yarn in a nice color for my two tone hair - that's always the interesting part - matching the colors....

And Whoohoo!! I'm on my fourth page!

No comments: