Sunday, September 10, 2006

9/10/06 (that's just barely today)

This is the fourth time today that I've clicked on 'write' when I meant to click on 'notes'. I guess that is the universe's snarky ass way of telling me that if I want notes, I need to bloody write something, eh?

Be warned - this entry has more parenthetical comments than - than - heavens, I don't know what, therefore it might be an adventure to read. 

Let's see.

Went to Atlanta Labor Day weekend - brought much Indian (dot, not feather) (I've yet to determine in my head if that's unbearly rude/unPC, or what - but ANYONE you are talking to instantly understands. *sigh*)  goodness. Chutney's upon chutneys (and really, If I had just continued to the next sentence without that interjection, the type of Indian would have become obvious. And really, I usually refer to them as Native Americans, so maybe it IS a little snarky) (dammit, I'm still not sure if it's rude), some stuff for hair, two saris (both of the absolute cheapeast kind there was - I still think I'm too fat to look graceful in a standard 6yd sari, so I got the cheapest so I wouldn't kick myself later for wasting money), and some GORGEOUS bangles, that I love.  One of my friends mentioned that in India, it's considered highly erotic for a hubby to recognize his wife's approach from the sound of her jewelry, and I've been wearing them almost every day since.

 

I held a little pysch session with myself as I was cleaning the kitchen tonight (I've been very quiet because I've been talking to myself A LOT - I mean, yes, I normally talk to myself almost constantly, but over the past week - I've been having just running ongoing conversations with myself.  I've learned a few things (you really DO have to listen to yourself sometimes), I got an odd stomach virus/illness/squickiness thing on Wednesday, my boss MILDLY pissed me off when I went back to work on Friday..... hold up - this deserves it's own paragraph.

So - a while ago (at least two weeks) I put in my vacation request - I wanted Sept 5th - 7th off. Now, the 7th was Thursday, and I think that most people would interpet that request to mean that I was coming back Friday. Just to be on the safe side though, I put on the vacation calendar that I would be out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (since Monday was a holiday and all) which means, once again, I wouldn't be back to work until FRIDAY, right?
So, I'm happy and stuff, back at work, and notice that my boss is acting all - stifflike. None of the usual asking about how my trip was (and he mentioned, before I left, that I was going with the henna ladies - so he DOES pay attention) - hell, he barely said Hi. I thought it was odd, but more or less brushed it off. Then! THEN!! I get this email:
K, In the future, would you please give me a call if your plans change. We were expecting you back on Wed, and were all a bit worried. Thanks, J.
I promptly replied with:
J, Very sorry for the confusion - but I requested the 5th through the 7th off, and indicated the same on the vacation calendar. Thanks, K.
*sigh* Now, this is where it gets into my personal perception. I took that email as a very slick way of saying - Ay! You took TWO extra days off! We needed/wanted/had a question for you, and you didn't TELL us you would be here - because really, don't nobody I work with CARE enough about me to worry - so, it seemed ODD that despite ALL the indications to the contrary (did I mention that on my LotusNotes, I SET my Out-of-Office agent to say that I would be out of the office til Friday? And I marked the same thing out on my personal Lotus Notes calendar?) he THOUGHT I would be coming back  Wednesday - and it was stuck in his mind so firmly that he sent me a snarky ass little message about it!!!
*sigh* And no, I didn't get any sort of 'Oh, my bad, yeah, you right' message back either, which would make this a moot point. *sigh* I don't know - after the whole SUCKY ass reveiw I got this year, I don't trust ANYONE that I work with to not try to stab me in the back anytime I'm not in the office. Thank god I don't give enough of a shit to let it ruin any vacation I opt to take.

(sheesh, that whole paragraph could have been in parentheses, couldn't it have been?)

Anyhow! I was talking about me talking to myself (how much of a delightfully self centered entry has THIS been huh?) and a LOT of it has focused on life 'after'. Hah. Even when I'm not obsessing about something (like I haven't used my spithingy in - hell, a week? yet, I'm pretty certain my period is about to start - if it doesn't start my Tuesday *hangs head* I"m getting a damn test. I had a lil blood today, and if I don't start - sweet jesu. *LOL* wouldn't that be - interesting??) I'm still analzying it somehow. I think that I've settled a few things in my head - but, hah - it's going to be interesting.

I have henna in my hair right now, and it's mixed with honey, and it's been dripping like hell, and therefore my neck has been STICKY since like 1pm, and it sucks. Sucks. SUCKS.  Since it is now 1am, which means this stuff has been on my head for at lest 12 hours, I'm going to take a shower in the nice clean bathroom and rinse it out. Then, I think I'll finally eat.

Goodnight. And if you actually READ all that rambling, Gods Bless You. Just leave a note, kay?


 

No comments: