Monday, September 25, 2006

My God, how much do I suck?

Seriously??? 


So, it's pretty obvious that I haven't done jackall for well over hte last month.  I was in the zone, grooving and moving, and then - SPLAT. As I always do, I nicely sabatoged myself, and stopped doing EVERYTHING.  But - a couple of things have come up, and a couple of things have changed, and hopefully - sweet jesu - no, there is no hope. I am GOING to do this, gotdammit - no ifs, no ands, no buts, and any damn excuses should come out of my ASS. 
*clears throat* 

So - firstly, I finally got the key to out fitness center - it's an nice place. Has several treadmills, a couple of machines, plenty of free weights.  I hadn't bothered going until last week when I - 
Secondly - started working with a personal trainer.  It's the same fellow that I was emailing back and forth with a few months ago (most likely when I started this journal), and while it ain't cheap (but really, how expensive is 425.00 for a lifetime of health?), I think that it will be useful. On a personal level, I think he's a bit of a twit, but - it's the asskick I need. Plus there's
Thirdly - I just joined a challenge that was on one of my hair boards (we aren't going to go into that obsession right now, TYVM!) - 2007 Head to Toe challenge.  As I've begun to realize that - from my hair to my body to my spirit - I'm all one, all intertwined, and I can't expect one to truly flourish while I neglect the others, I'm on board with that. The hair aspects are in my hair journal, the spiritual aspects with be in my spiritual journal, and the body aspects will be here. 
I swear before ALL that is holy - at some point I'm going to grow a set and combine everything into one place. 

So - as part of pushing myself along (accountability, accountability) I'm going to start scoring my days.  According to the fitness trainer, I need to work out 6 days a week, and I get one cheat day a week.  I need to eat every three hours, and while he doesn't recommend a certain level of protien/carbs/fats (he just gives us this list of 'supportive' foods, which really, might work better for me anyhow - as he says, you don't have to be PERFECT, you just have to do better than you've done before).  There are two portions of my workout - cardio and resistance, and three portions of my food - protien/starchy carb/fibrous carb. 

3 points per meal - (I'm not going to specify how MANY meals I should eat a day, because on the weekends (when I sleep in) it will get thrown off. 
4 points per workout (2 points for cardio, 2 points for resistence) 
3 points per supplement (I'm supposed to be taking a supplement 3 times a day - I usually only do it twice a day) 
5 points for timing - I'll just GIVE myself five points for eating every three hours (I figure 15 hours is about my max) and lose points as I go along.

So - that's 15 points a day, which means in a perfect week, I should have 90 points.  I'm going to START by shooting for  75 points - five perfect days. Each thing that I miss - I lose a point for.  For example, if I eat breakfast at 9am, and then don't eat again until 2pm, I lose a point - if I skip cardio, I lose 2 points. If I eat a meal that only protien and starchy carbs, I lose a point (no fiborous carbs). I'm going to start each day out with five points for timing, and add the rest as I go along.

I'm officially kicking off the point system today - I'll put together a little chart in Excel that I can keep up with easily - Gods Bless GoogleSpreadsheets. I'm going to give myself a week to tweak it, and then shoot seriously for 75+ points EVERY week.

And I still owe someone a freaking workout CD - as soon as the computer room is back in shape and I can actually get ON my computer - it will be burnt and sent.

No comments: