Thursday, September 14, 2006

Several things happening in the wonderful world of hair.

1) I created the Amla/Shikakai/Cayenne oil. I mixed:
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup of skin oil (Vitamin E, castor, and olive oil)
1/4 cup amla powder
1/4 cup shikakai powder
1/4 cup cayenne

I mixed it all together in a little saucepan, and simmered it for about 1.5 hours. The resulting oil is VERY dark, sweet smelling, and VERY thick. I haven't used it in my hair yet - but just feeling it on my fingers, it FEELS very - cleansing. I tucked it in the fridge in a dark glass bottle to keep - I think I might use it post this weeks henna.

2) Measuring - the twist in the middle of my forehead now stops right below my eyes, using the finger method (pull a twist, hold the tip with the tip of my finger, tilt my head to see where the finger hits on the rest of my face). Several twists in the back are brushing that bone at the nape of my neck. I need to try to cornrow it again, and see if I can. I've measured the growth of my new growth - 1.60 inches since May 1st - which is a little over a quarter of an inch a month, averaged out. *sigh*

3) I found a GRAY hair! Okay - really, it was white, and I'm STILL not sure it was actually my hair (I have a grey & white cat). It LOOKED like my hair though, and it was wavy/curly, and when I burnt it it was DEFINITELY hair - so either I accidentally twisted one of my cats hairs up into my twists, or I had a gray hair that was stubborn enough to resist SEVEN applications of henna - which, in my hair, wouldn't suprise me at all.

4) Speaking of henna, I've got 4 applications of henna left. I'm debating what to do after that - that'll take me right into late October, and I'm seriously considering getting my hair braided. The only thing is - I'm SOOOOO paranoid about getting it braided and stressing out my hair line. I've kicked around the thought of getting crochet braids - but the one time I had them, I didn't really like them - I thought they looked cheap, and it bothered me that I could pull my hair back (which I do as soon as my hair is long enough). I think that I might get either a weave (need to check with hubby and see his thoughts on that) or cornrow it and wear a wig (as my cornrows are - icky), orrrr.....something else. I don't know - I want to put my hair away for a while - healthily. I don't knnnooooowwwwww!!!!

Okay, I think I'm done.

No comments: