Wednesday, October 25, 2000

Of Cats and Men

I want a pet, pets actually. When I get back from Philly in 01, I am going to get two kittens, and launch my career as a cat person. I have been musing on names lately…and I want to be really mushy and give them a ‘paired’ name. It is going to be in another language, possibly Japanese or Egyptian. I was considering Swahilli, but most of those names sound too much like a human, and cats should have cat-ly names, not human ones. I doubt that I get a pair of breed cats, for a couple of reasons.

1) they cost too damn much
2) When you have breeds, you are expected to well…breed them. Nope. Not happening.
3) Mutts are so much more interesting, and to me, unless you get a Siamese (which are WAYYY to loud for me) mutts tend to be prettier.

So anyway, these new plans give me something else to waste time on at work. Kitties kitties kitties hm hm hm!!
Oh. I want to keep a list of possible names here, because with my dull & dim memory I would never keep track of em. And maybe you guys & gals can help me. So far, this is what I have:
Sol & Luna (sun and moon for those of you who don’t know)
Zeta & Sigma (tho that would only work if I got a boy & a girl cat rather than two girls)
Um & Ah (yeah…that was just a toss in)
Miss See & Miss Say (*LOL* Those are my nicknames for two ‘friends’ of mine )

Okay… in other news: Men are ugghy. That is the only word I can find that fits how I feel. *sighs* If I knew what I wanted before I didn’t get it, maybe I wouldn’t be so damn antsy all the time. Anyhow, it is interesting getting used to this whole ‘grown-up persons’ relationship stuff. It’s different from my relationships in college, and I m so aware of that fact that it makes it even more different, and I am looking back on my relationships to see what the hell the difference is. This is my first real relationship with a man while I am in my own home, but other than that, that is about it. *snort* All I have to say is work be dammned, he had better call me.


Stay Jazzed

No comments: