Friday, October 27, 2000

Quick note on being slow

I went to lunch yesterday with another sister who works here, who I met through one of the natural hair groups I get in my email. We had a nice leisurely lunch, and in talking to her I realized what was so different about this relationship with Chef from all my other relationships. I have not fallen head over heels for him right away. In my other relationships, there has always been a total LEAP into the relationship, almost instantly. This time, I am taking a very slow glide into the relationship. I know that part of this is because I have been burnt a couple of times in the recent past, and I couldn’t JUMP if I wanted to…but at the same time I like it. This whole moving slowly thing is pretty darn cool.

I’m still sick.

Oh yeah. I have been having these just WEIRD ass dreams. Like today/this morning I had this dream that I had an extra tooth that was growing right in front of my other teeth, and one day I just popped it out. But then this tooth shifted me into another dream, where it was all that was left at some crime scene was a slightly burnt tooth. How it got burnt, I don’t know.
A bit later, I slipped into this dream about me and two women my age and a much older lady going on a trip somewhere together. Somehow, our plane ended up being late, so I left and went home to pick up some other stuff that in the rush to leave, I had left behind…little things like soap and clothes and toothpaste. I also took a shower, cuz I was sweaty stinky. Then, I went out and was trying to drive, but I kept getting the gear of the car stuck in neutral. So I went back in the house and finished packing, then my traveling companions showed up and cussed me out because I had left them without saying anything. I woke upa little bit after that. Odd.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: