Tuesday, March 20, 2001

A Frantic Scrabble to Catch Up

*smiles* I’m in a simple spate of DO-MES-TI-CITY. If you don’t wanna read about a whole lot of girly girly twirling of the hair love light and joy that centers about the home kinda stuff….hit that back button RIGHT NOW.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Still here? Don’t say I didn’t warn you!


Ahhhh… I had a short day at work yesterday… why you might ask?? Because my furniture came!!! YAAYYYYY !! *back flips and shimmy shimmys and the like*. For any of you who looked at it through the lovely links I provided a few weeks ago… it’s no where NEAR as blue as it looks on the web page. In fact, It’s rather dark…but I like it. At first I didn’t think everything would fit into my living room, but it fit so wonderfully. I feel SO grown up now. I mean… I have like a REAL apartment. I an invite people over and not worry about just HOW they are going to fit onto my itty bitty little futon couch. *sighs* And.. to make it even better… IT’S ALLLLLLLLL paid for. No extra bills, nothing. :) But anyway…. I’m going out shopping tonight as I neglected to this weekend. It’s amazing how having a lovely wonderful sexy man drifting about the house in a pair of shorts somehow makes the idea of leaving the house vaguely sinful. SO…. I didn’t budge (at least not out of the house MEOWWWW!!) all day Saturday. That night we went to go see Traffic, which had to be one of the most SAD movies I have ever seen in allll my days. *sighs* just sad what drugs to do people… and how almost totally hopeless the ‘war’ against drugs is. But I’m not going to climb onto THAT soapbox. Anywayyy….. came home…had a discussion that was LONG overdue about our different spending habits… snuggled and cuddled and that was about it. Sunday *thinks* Sunday….what happened to Sunday? I think I just kinda lazed about all day… reading books and eating fictitious bon-bons. Anyway… all of that is to say that I didn’t do any of the ‘accent’ shopping that I was going to do this weekend. I also didn’t buy my sneakers…*hangs head* cuz they cost too damn much. I figure I will tip into my savings (bad Jazzy bad bad bad) in order to get the sneakers AND take the damn driving lessons. Urgh. Sooo…. (after a very long trip around the mulberry bush) I am going out tonight directly after work to go to the Pier One Outlet and the going out of business Waccammaw…and hopefully get some nice colorful stuff for my pad…

In other news….I got a raise!!! It’s only about a 3.5% raise, but still… it’s the thought that matters right? I figure that it will translate into about an extra 60 bucks in my check (if I’m lucky) and I figure I will start saving ten bucks more a month and start investing 3% in my 401(k) instead of the measly 2% I’m currently contributing. Yes I KNOW I’m a slacker, but dammit… I like being able to live a bit. As I told my momma today, “After I pay all my bills, I end up with about 400 bucks to get through the month, including groceries”. While I know that is wayyyy more tan some people are working with… *sighs* it still feels like chump change to me. *settles down* Hmm… Oh! Work is actually going pretty well. I still feel like my ass is hanging out, totally uncovered, and I realized that my manager sucks as he has *thinks* rather poor communication skills (or maybe I just suck at listening) but it’s a real uncomfy place to be. I have however been rather busy…trying to put shit together that should have been started a long god-damn time ago. If I had known that it had to be done, it would have gotten done. *sighs* At least some things are done. And some things I had totally no control over. And my co-workers are feeling just as sucky as I am…considering that quite a few of them are bouncing off of the wall. *sighs* It’s gonna get a lot uglier before it gets ANY cuter. And dammit… I want some chocolate…but I’m too damn cheap to go and buy any….besides I don’t need to be eating the stuff anyhow. *sighs*

Man… I feel kinda bad talking about myself so much. *laughs* but it is indeed isn’t my diary supposed to be all about me?? Anyhow…I haven’t talked about my hair in a while. It is doing okay… it’s getting into the whole ‘I wanna do my own thing stage’ It’s too long to just leave hanging as it drives me crazy brushing against my forehead, and it is too short to really do any up pulled styles… and besides all that I REALLLLLY need to work on my roots before I lift my proverbial skirts to annny body. I have been considering just curling it and being done with it… but that jus takes so damn long. *sighs* Lazy Lazy Jazzy. I have been conditioning it on a regular basis so that it won’t all break off because of the dye job I did (which still looks pretty doggone good by the way) but other than that and the daily soak, I am leaving the crop alone…. I am still getting compliments about my hair so I guess it doesn’t look but SO bad. I got one of my e-bay bras in the mail yesterday, and can I say nice nice nice. It’s a little stiff, but a few washes should handle that nicely. It’s so wonderful to have a bra that FITS right… and isn’t outrageously expensive. *sighs* Man….new underoos can really make a sista feel spicy. *yyyooooowwrrr~~~~*

Okay…what else what else?? My eyelid is still twitching occasionally… usually only when I am PAINFULLY bored or distant. Almost like my body is trying to say “Hey chickie… come back here to the present”… of course, they start twitching when I think about them twitching too.. so what does THAT mean??

Ugh. Twitchy eyes are icky. I’m gone… for now.


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: