Monday, November 14, 2005

Huh? Monday already???!!!

*deep breath*


All I need is 100K. Hell, 50K would do it for right now. That's it - really. *deep breath* But patience is a virtue, and who knows what coming around the corner and...and....and.....dammit. *breathes*


Umm - let's see - this weekend was - good. It's amazing how much time flies when you aren't doing a damn thing. Friday was a non-day, as I developed the headache from hell while browsing the thrift store (more about my scores there later) and left work around 3:30. Was home and sleep by 4:00pm, didn't wake up fully until around 9am Saturday morning. Yup - a full seventeen HOURS of sleep. It was the best rested I've been in - years. Years, I tell you. *sigh* Yet another thing that'll be a fond memory of the past once kids end up in the picture.


Saturday - I was a busy little bee! After the hubby headed off to work (he closed this weekend) I finally got outside and finished off my compost pile - *wrinkles nose* cut grass that has been left in black plastic bags for a few weeks is NOT the most pleasant variety of green things to be around, that's for bloody sure. But now, I've got a HUGE pile over in one corner, a much smaller 'mound' over the strip where the strawberry plants are going, and a wire cage half full of spare leaves to cover the kitchen waste as it goes out. I think I'm about done for the season - though, if any of my close neighbors toss out a bag or two of leaves - oooohh - mulch & additional cover for kitchen bits throughout the winter! Then, I cleaned the downstairs, washed the kitchen floor, baked two loaves of bread (STILL denser than I want - what's the secret to FLUFFY bread??? - damn good stuff though) and *thinks* then I crashed. I refused to leave the house at all on Saturday or Sunday - nope, nope, nope. I made up for the busyness of Saturday by not doing a damn THING sunday. We sat around, drinking beer, chitchatting - he played video games most of the day, I read *Thinks* 4 books? 3?? Not sure....but it went by WAYYY too fast. I looked up, it was 10pm, I was yawning, and I hadn't even tossed a load or two into the washer. *shakes head*


But speaking of books - the thrift store scores!! I went to pick up some wine glasses - I was hoping to find something kinda kickass and different, but eh - ended up with two plain old stemmed glasses. The first score consisted of two heavyweight GLASS loaf pans in almost perfect condition for five bucks (for BOTH! one was 2 and one was 3)!  I've been making bread in all KINDS of differently shaped containers, because I wanted the 'larger' sized loaf pans - and I didn't really WANT the non-stick ones, as I know they lie. So, I had been keeping an eye out for some glass loaf pans - but to find TWO - and in almost perfect shape! *nods* Thrilled, I was. Then, I strolled over to the book section, and found a reference manual from the editors of 'Organic Gardening' all about how to maximize the yield from your garden - organically! It has listing of companion plants,  planting times, digging patterns, compost suggestions - this book is a GREAT resource - 2 bucks. *delighted sigh* I SOOO do enjoy the thrift store. And this was the one by work - not even the one by U of M where I found the breastfeeding books at! I'm thinking that I might swing by the Goodwill near U of M and see what they have to offer- it's right around the corner from the Y - maybe I should start parking in their parking lot (as the Y almost NEVER has parking available) and then walking to the Y - it's barely a block, and it'll get me a little loosened up - besides giving me a chance to see what they have. Hmmm. *grins* But really, the last thing I need is an excuse to spend MORE money.


What else? Work - is -  boring as HELL. Do ya hear me Big Brother?? I can do my responsibilites, as well as those of two of my coworkers, on a daily basis with one HAND tied behind my back. Argh!! And ya know - I can't blame anyone but myself, as I knew when I TOOK this job I was overqualified - I did. I knew that it would be slow, slow, slow. But - I still took it, because of the money (oh, when will I learn) and I'm gonna stick with it (because of the money - still haven't learned) for at least another 16 months. After that - *shrugs* who knows?  The Access project I volunteered for is more or less done - I just need to write up a users guide, add a small subform, and let everyone get a good look at it and beat the bugs out - and I think I'll be done with it. 3 weeks, like I said - 3 bloody months! Indeed! I've been trying to drag it out though - simply so that I'll have something to DO here on a daily basis. If I had - any damn sense at all - I'd finish writing the book while I'm bored out of my head - funnily enough, I don't want my pseudo-boss to hear me typing all day. Heh. Stupid excuse, I know - but that whole 'thing' is something I'll have to hash out in another entry.


Speaking of writing - this is the first year since I found out about it that I consiously did NOT do Nanowrimo. Last year, I planned on doing it, but time got away from me, I looked up, and it was like November 21st, and while I'm occasionally demented - never THAT crazy. *laughs*
Had a recent conversation with myle, in which somehow I got into a conversation with my 20 year old self. I had excellent responses to ALL of her 'what in the hell happened????' questions except for the one around my art. I've just - laid it to the side. I don't have a URGE to create - it's - dormant, almost. I still know that I can - it's just that the need isn't there - and I don't know how to wake the sleeping beast. Anyhow - I don't know. I've started one weekly ritual, maybe I will be able to kick off another. 500 word or poem minimum?? (and why do I get the eerie feeling that one of my faves is doing this, and the idea has been mouldering in the back of my head for a while...). I'd most likely cheat, and go for a poem most of the time. *thinks*  Need to consider a subject - maybe I could go to one word and get something from there.  But once again - it's something that I feel like I SHOULD be doing, not something that I WANT to do. Eh.


 

No comments: