Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Reshaping 8: Reaches & Stretches

So - figured out that I need to stretch my LUNGS before I start swimming - get back into the swing of deep FREE diagpharm breathing so that I don't cheat myself of any air.


I 'swam' 12 laps!! I did the 3/3/3 thing, and then was getting REALLY frustrated with my breathing, and swam three more just trying to 'practice' and see how I best breathed. :) It's amazing how much easier it is to swim when you've actually got oxygen in your lungs!


I've reworked the weights AGAIN. I swear, I'll be SOOO thrilled when I can actually sit back and have a finished schedule/routine that I don't want to mess with. *snorts* By then, of course, I'll be bored and ready to create a new one, I'm sure. Anyhow, what I did was switch to doing full body twice a week, instead of doing half body twice a week. Basically, I'm going to be working twice as hard - doing EVERYTHING on both Tues and Thurs, rather than doing one half on Tues, and one half on Thursday.  Because my main focus is on weights rather than cardio, I realized that it REALLY didn't make any sense to split my workout that way - it'll take me twice as long! And while yes - my whole BODY will be spaghetti (if I ever get there) rather than my legs being wobbly one day and the arms wobbly the next - I think that it's worth it.


Am wearing yet another pair of too tight pants today - I've got a hot lil ass and thighs, I do indeed. But *gasssppp* I'm going to be tattooed with lines all around my waist for like - ever. So, definitely no changes according to THESE pants.  Climbed on the scale this morning too - 235. Eh. I realized, also, that I'm going to get BIGGER before I start getting smaller as the muscle builds up under the fat - which means that my clothes are likely to get TIGHTER, then looser. How much does THAT sucketh?  Basically, I'm not going to have ANY idea whether I'm doing the right thing for what - at least 3 months?  I'm going to be gaining weight as I build muscle, and I'm going to be putting on size as I build muscle - until I actually HAVE enough to start upping the fat burning process. How - ironic. Bleh.


I suppose, I could reassure myself that I am doing the right thing by starting to eat right - if I know that I'm exercising right, and eating and sleeping right - well, nothing but right can come from that - yes?? If, however, I'm exercising right, and eating all wrong - well - things could get better, things could get worse. So.....*nods* yes, am going to have to seriously look at what I am eating. And bleh - trying to include a diet along with a workout process - maybe I need to break down and get the Body For Life book - as it seems like I'm half-way there. I'm not going to do the supplements - but then, maybe I should, I don't know. I suppose it would at least be worthwhile to read it and see. I know, the main reason I was like Hell, Nawh! to BFL was the requirement for cardio - which as we all know, I depise on a deep and personal level - I'm not too posh to push, but I'm WAYYY too sexy to sweat. So, since I've stumbled across a form of cardio that I actually DO like - hmm, hmm, hmmm. Maybe. At least that will give me a good line on the dietary stuff.


Okay - I think I'm done for today.

No comments: