Monday, November 21, 2005

Marvelous Monday!!

Only because I'm pretending it's Wednesday. That way, tomorrow is Thursday, and the day after that is Friday - and then it's time for the very long weekend! I mean really - Monday's are generally unneeded in the scheme of things anyhow.


Me thinks that me & the hubby are actually going to cook a Thanksgiving meal this year. Hm,  I need to ask him if he's actually OFF on T'giving - we might ahve to postpone our celebration til Saturday. We've already got the turkey, and I'm making bread and cornbread specifically for the stuffing. *thinks* Sides - must pick up some cranberry sauce, and we've got the stuff for green bean casserole at home. Desert? An apple pie would be nice - maybe with the crumbly topping stuff? Hmm.... I need to make a list of stuff to get. I suspect that I'll be making everything BUT the Turkey.


I've been abusing myself - or more specifically my hands - lately. Let's see - on the right hand we have: a nice sized burn on the back of my hand, a gouge out of my thumb knuckle, and a gouge at the base of my pointing finger on the palm side. The left hand - a burn under my ring finger on the back of my hand, and a HUGE cut in the fingertip pad of my middle finger. I think hubby's bad luck is rubbing off on me in the kitchen - this is the most beat up my hands have been in a LONG time. 


I'm still stubbornly refusing to pull my coat out of the closet. As I was telling some coworkers - when I have to put the coat on, it's REALLY winter, and - well, I'm jsut not quite ready to admit that just yet. I've already switched over my wardrobe - isn't that bad enough??  Hubby has pulled his out however, but since he's the one that LIKES the cold, I suppose that's not really a suprise. Sepaking of which, I need to call the folx back who we are going to get our firewood from. 70 bucks for 1/2 cord of seasoned, split oak - not bad, eh? The fireplace got cleaned on Saturday, and a small mystery was solved at the same time. The house had been - COLD - despite the fact that the thermostat was on 75. Come to find out, our DILLY ass landlord had left tham damn damper open after he came in to look at the fireplace the week before. *rolls eyes* Thanks, dude. Really.
I'm trying to figure out if I can slowly drop the house temp, and see if we will jsut wear more clothes to make up for it. *le sigh* I suppose, wearing heavier clothes is jsut another nasty side effect of winter, eh? But - we are certainly looking forward to being able to kick the fireplace off and have a nice roaring fire to work with.


*thinks* Well, that's all for now. More later, I'm sure - but I ahve lunch with a friend, so I need to get moving!

No comments: