Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Reshaping 3: Not Stopping

So, went to the gym last night - and Caramuscle smiled and asked me if I needed any help to let him know. Ummhmm....
So - anyhow, last night was my first night on the machines - so really it wasn't even a workout - it was more of a - tryout, I suppose you could say. I've found that I'm a HELL of a lot weaker than I used to be, and well - that's not necessarily a bad thing, as it means that I will see improvement rather quickly, as I tend to get strong fast. Even still, I didn't work even NEAR to exhaustion, and felt almost no spaghettiness at all. I think that I will go to the weight where I KNOW that I will get exhausted, work until I simply CAN'T go any further up until the point that I'm actually able to consistently do the workout - which means that I might be chasing a rolling goal, as I have 4 week blocks of exercises to do before my reps & sets change - but then I have a 10 week period for the next block, so it might not be so bad at all.
I was pleased to see that most of the machines that I needed for my leg & back work were there, but not so sure about the arm machines - there is one (the Tricep extension) that I don't have on my plan (and I've no CLUE why not as my tri's need a shite load of work) and then there are others (like the bench press) that they don't have a machine for, but I'm sure there is another machine that works thesame muscle groups. So - now I need to find were I pulled this information from, and figure out what muscle groups they work, so that I can substitute the right machines for the right workout, and update my cards. Also, I need to put together a better 'form' for my workouts - the manilla folder I have now isn't going to work well. Maybe I'll put the listings of the exercises on the outside, and staple the weight progression sheets to the inside. Hmm.... That might work.


I've decided that I'm going to weigh & measure once a month - so by the time that I unprivatize the last entry with the weight & measurement goals, it'll be time to put a new set up. In addition, that way, I won't be tempted to step on the scale on a daily basis. I've also figured out my reward! I get to go to the NEW bookstore every month that I exercise a minimum of 20 days (5 days a week, at least 4 weeks in a month) I get to pull 20 bucks out, and go to the bookstore, and get a NEW book. How exciting - yes??? And I mean really - that is the PERFECT reward for me - without a doubt, that is something I will value (and can't eat - even if it IS a cookbook!)


Also, I want a yogurt maker. I figure that if I'm going to be eating it for breekie, I shold at least be making it instead of buying it. I'm going to try to freecycle for one first, and if that fails, well - eBay isn't too too expensive. I think that if I make yogurt, I'm going to drain it, and eat it that way. Heck, if we are talking about tzakiki, I can eat LOADS of that stuff. I wonder if there is something along the lines of tzakiki that is more breakfast appropiate - though, that actually doesn't sound TOO bad for breakfast. hmm, hmmm,hmm... in fact, that actually sounds pretty tasty. Hmm.


The title? Oh yeah.... I was talking to a friend about - me, basically. I've noticed that one of the things about me is the fact that I usually have no problem actually STARTING stuff - it's not stopping with the stuff that I've started that usually hoses me up. And after that conversation, I was wondering what I could do in order to insure that doesn't happen with this. What is my ongoing motivation to KEEP going, even when I don't feel good? Even when I'm just exhausted? Even when I've been at work for ten hours? Besides diabetes - what will keep me going? My own pure brand of stubborness (which works on everything except me?) The pure force of habit? The desire to finally actually DO something and stick to it? The simple feeling of pride that I will get as I look back over time and see that I HAVE stuck to something and actually accomplish it rather than the usual sense of dismay that once again, I've discarded something so good for me? Or can I just decide that I'm NOT going to stop?

No comments: