Monday, February 26, 2007

Okay, okay, I'll admit it.

I have a problem with the scissors.

I know, I know! I said I would wait til MAY to cut the last of the red off - but it's such a tiny bit! and it was SOOOO tempting.

So. Urm....Saturday night, I rinse the coconutty stuff out of my hair, give it a good combing, admire it's lovely soft moist goodness, then twisted it into about 15 fat twists. I was feeling on the twists, and noticing how the areas of my head without and red came to a nice blunt end, while the red bits trailed off into nothingness. I ignored it (then) and left it alone til Sunday.

Sunday, I get up, and untwist my hair - and then, as I always do about that time, I started playing with it, and picked it out, and I noticed just how LITTLE red hair I had left.

So. I dug around, and found the scissors - and this is what I have left. Ignore the bumpy bits - I didn't hack at my hair THAT badly - I jsut didn't pick it out all the way.



I missed a bit on one side, and in the back too, I think. But still! My natural hair color! Loose! This is a first in like - man - 6 years? 7? I don't know, but it's been a while.

Next - the comparison shots. I realized it was silly of me to try to measure my hair pointing DOWNWARD, when really, all my hair wants to do it go UP. So - next set of pictures, I WILL have a ruler next to my hair. And I'll keep measuring it that way until it's long/heavy enough to hang down on it's own.



That's August/Novemeber/February..... not bad, eh?

So, after I had fun with the picture-taking, I twisted my hair up in a semi-new style - basically just did the flattwists flat down the back of my head, with just two across the top.


The back of my head......

The top of my head.

I frown worriedly at that bigger section at the top of my head - I'm not sure what to think of it - Am I balding? is the hair just thinner up there? Is the flash distorting stuff? Did my dreads always part/wear there so it's just - looser? Is my part just crooked? So. And since I always part differently, I don't know how I would keep up with it... but I AM keeping an eye on it.

Next weekend is henna! Woooooott!!!!!! I think I'll use the henna I got from the halal store - hrm, that means I need to do a new strand test. Dang, and I think I just threw out the hair I trimmed off. I'll have to see if I still have that jar of hair in the cabinet. What? Don't YOU have a jar of hair in your cabinet? :lol:

Oh!! I gotta say hello to MsHelena & SweetAfton & Lambie & CharlieMae & ISABEL!!!!!! :lol: Hiya Girls!! :woot *sigh* I really DO need that smilie EVERYWHERE.

Okay.

I think I'm done.

No comments: