Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Delights of home.....

So, FINALLLY. After - oh, months - seriously - like two months, our bed is finally done. The headboard is recovered, the platform is built, the mattress is here, the memory foam matress pad is here, we have duvet covers and sheets and pillows and the 'down' comfortor we've had for at least a year and.....

It's FABULOUS. Oh my god. seriously, yall - climbing into that bed is an orgasmic experience - even if I'm climbing in alone. It STILL takes up 90% - okay, okay, 85%, of our bedroom, but you know what? I. Don't. CARE.

This is the headboard I recovered in black 'leather'. It was orignally a pale brown microfiber, that me & C both knew would get INSTANTLY dirty, so - we wanted leather. It was actually MUCH easier than I thought it would be to cover it - even the corners didn't give me TOO much of a problem.

These are the hot little nightstands that light up (we have nightstands! Real ones, not ones made out of a stack of books and a milk crate!) That's my light stand, with my marvelous sunlight alarm clock, a good book, and my thermometer....

So - FINALLY - there's our bedroom/bedset. I forgot to take pictures of the anteroom (which isn't finished yet, anyhow) so I'll do those - later.

No comments: