Sunday, February 4, 2007

So.... I rinsed the henna out, and figured I would try a quick DC with the other DC stuff I got last week - the Doo Gro Stuff. *scrolls up* Okay, I did talk about my shopping trip, but I didn't talk about the Doo Gro stuff, because once I got home, I read the label - and SUPRISE! It had petroleum in it.

Anyhow, I figured since I KNEW I was going to have to recondition my hair in order to comb it after wearing it out - why not try the stuff?? And - Ew. My hair was - drier somehow, and tangly, and - ew. Definitely did NOT approve. Anyhow, I ran some HH and some H through my hair, picked it out, pushed it back with a old kneehigh, and rolled out to Imbolc.

My hair is amazing. I don't think I've mentioned that lately, but my hair REALLY rocks. It's got AMAZING curl that translates into shrinkage - but then, it's so MALLIABLE, and easy to make straight.
I've been CONSIDERING getting a flat iron. Purely out of curiousity, really. Hehehehe. I'd really much rather just borrow one, as I doubt I'd use it after the first time I did it, and realized that I STILL hate my hair straight.

Also - my hair is DEFINITELY getting longer - and I just noticed it. I'm playing with my loose hair......

Okay. Let me go back to me saying that my hair rocks. It's - amazing. I mean - it's thick....no - it's DENSE. It's a solid cushion - it's my heads memory foam! I - I realyl wish I could describe my hair. It's wiry - but soft. It's curly - and - I mean - CURLY. It's truly like what I think lambs wool would feel like - how amazing it would be to lay on a blanket that felt like my hair!

Okay - like I was saying, I'm sitting here palaying with my hair, and I realized that it was long enough that I could pull it in front of me, and look at my ends without rolling my eyes ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way into the top of my head.... just halfway up there. *LOL*

And considering my recent chopping, I'm very pleased by that. I'm wondering if my spring/summer growth spurt is about to start. That would SOOO rock.

As much as I love, and honor, and all that good stuff my hair - I know that I still have some issues with it. It was funny - and sad - me this afternoon trying to figure out how to style my loose hair. I think it's still not long enough to do whatI Want it to do, but at the same time there is always that niggling wonder of - what am I basing what is acceptable on? Having grown up in an environment - in a culture - where nappy hair is NOT cool - how can I judge my own work - knowing that no matter HOW objectively I try to look at it - I'm still prejudiced AGAINST the hair that grows out of my head.
It's sad. And I don't know what set of lens I need to wear to be able to make a difference... but.... well.

I'mma keep saying my hair just isn't long enough to do what I want it to do. And ignore the deeper implications of that. If there are any.

Anyhow - interestingly enough - my colored ends are 'looser' than my natural hair - around my hairline (where all my hair is looser - all the way around my head) it looks like I have relaxed ends, and everytime I look at them my fingers twitch towards the scissors - but I'm being good.

Ooohhhh!

Monthly schedule.

Week 1 - Henna
Week 2 - RDC (Real Deep conditioning - ie, using a deep conditioner)
Week 3 - Coconut Lime Soak (I REALLY have to figure out a way to make this LESS drippy)
Week 4 - Clarifying Conditioner
Week 1 - Henna

Really, the only think I changed was replacing the DC with a RDC but....

Hell. I supposedly cowash - okay, most of the time, what I REALLY do is DC with whatever, and scrub at my scalp, and then rinse it all out. I'm wondering... well - after the cocunut & lime I always cowash, to comb it. Same with the henna. So - that would be cowashing every other week, and rinsing throughly every other week.

Now - *thinks* I'm using H&W on my hair twice a week, and LR on my hair twice a week - and that's about it, except some WP when I twist my hair.....and sometimes some H as a in leave-in.

All cone-free, all water soluble.... Hm. I'm wondering if 'washing' my hair less has been the reason for the fabulously silky states of hair the last two weeks?

Innnnteresting.

Good lord, I've written a book and a half.

And really, I don't THINK about my hair all the time. It's just. Well. This is the only place I TALK about my hair, and I think fast.

G'night.

No comments: