Friday, June 23, 2000

Minimalist Passionate Energy

I’m all restless and stuff. I am actually tired, but at the same time I have all of this energy. I think that I will go home and organize my pictures. It is getting closer & closer to the time for me to start throwing out/giving away all the unneeded stuff I won’t be using in the move. *deep breath * I will make it through all of this.

I realize that the reason that most of my entries tend to ramble is because am just spitting out what is in my head.. what ever happens to flow from my brain to my fingers at that moment.

I noticed something about my life… my taste I suppose you could say. I tend to surround myself with simple things, life pared down to the most basic level of being. My clothes, my apartment, my furniture, the color of my OD. And I finally figured out WHY… I have always wanted to be… a flower. No… a vine. Something simple and fragile looking but in reality tenacious & strong as hell. And the one thing I am not is fragile looking. I have the potential...but I would never want to be THAT skinny…besides it would also require surgery… anyway… I surround myself with things that are the bare minimum of themselves because I am not the bare minimum of myself. Maybe once I reach a point when I don’t feel like I belong almost in the woodworks.. my tastes will change to something a bit more flashy…

The reason I noticed this is because as I was cruising one of the malls, and hitting alll of the jewelry & furniture stores ( guess where most of MY disposable income will be going) I realized that I gravitated towards the simple designs, the geometric patterns. REALLLLY basic stuff here… minimalist. And I wondered why…and came to the conclusion that by surrounding myself with things of minimal lines…I fell more minimal myself. * ugh * talk about the beauty myth hmmm?

What else has been going on? Nothing much… trying to read up on Pilates and see if I can do them alone, or if I need to be in a class. From the sound of it I need to be in a class, simply because if you are not doing them EXACTLTY right, they won’t work, and for most of them, you can’t really watch yourself doing. Ah well…. I have also been looking into schools in Indy so that if there is any issue about me & my class I can say but SEEE…. I have already started looking & requesting applications and stuff. My only problem would be working around the classes… or scheduling my classes around the work hours. However.. since Lilly has a flex time program.. I might just have to work something out… scratch that… I WILL have to work something out….

I need to develop a passion… something that I know damn near everything about… and that I can talk about for hours. In other words something to bore people to pieces with….

This entry was originally a lot longer. Then the computer crashed & this was all word saved… and then I got into primping meself and said fergit about it… I’ll write more tomorrow…

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: